As the New Product Operations Project Manager, you will be on the cutting edge of Orthopedic Technology, developing and executing new supply chains that deliver unrivaled products. NuVasive is internationally known for its innovation, quality, and speed to market, and as the focal point for operations on new projects, you will be a key leader within the fast-paced development teams that turn these new ideas into a global reality.
NuVasive is seeking an energized and experienced purchasing, operations process engineering, or detail-oriented project manager for this role. From inception to launch you will help develop the business case, identify and suggest potential new sourcing opportunities, implement and execute the sourcing strategy and deliver the product through brand new supply chains of your development. You will develop best practices, coaching and supporting others within the team to help each launch beat its goals for robustness, cost, and speed to the customer.
This role will provide exposure to every facet of the supply chain as your teams look to you to coordinate successful launches to the marketplace. This Owner will lead negotiations, take the initiative to recognize and mitigate risks, manage deliveries and coordinate with responsible peers to flow product through internal and external operations. This role will also have the opportunity to evaluate supply chains within business development opportunities and influence NuVasive’s future.
- Be the primary point of contact for all operations activities on new product launches. Coordinate within operations worldwide to achieve an on-time and under-budget new product launch
- Be accountable and hold accountable cross-functional teams including engineering, marketing, sales, quality, regulatory, distribution and finance
- Influence and implement sourcing strategy, developing new supply chains that are successful from award through to customer delivery
- Recognize opportunities for process improvements and develop clear action plans to execute.
- Create and update project trackers and detailed milestones as necessary
- Be responsible for all purchasing activities related to your NPI projects
- Resolve supplier problems associated with late deliveries, over shipments, invoicing issues, obsolete, rework and scrap material
- 4+ years procurement, operations process development, or operations project management experience
- Bachelor's Degree
- Proven track record of ability to influence teams, creative problem solving, continuous improvement and self-prioritization
- Experience with new product launches in high-mix, low-volume product lines utilizing an ERP system (SAP)
- Proven ability to monitor delivery schedules and communicate regularly with cross-functional owners to proactively maintain timelines
- Exceptional negotiation skills with the ability to use baseline knowledge on similar products to leverage pricing and lead time
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency with Office Suite, primarily Excel
- Knowledge of SAP ECC
- Exposure to complex manufacturing, both additive and subtractive, and the associated secondary processes and inspections
- Experience with lean and six sigma for manufacturing and/or business processes
- This is a hybrid role that requires some working time in the San Diego office.