The OPEX Manager will be responsible for planning, developing, directing and coordinating the operations Continuous Improvement strategy, which includes deployment, training and mentoring of lean tools to the organization. As the leader of continuous improvement, the OPEX Manager will align resources within the Operations function and other cross functional team members to streamline activities and generate productivity.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Act as the business on-site Lean System / Six Sigma expert, trainer and mentor.
- Drive the development of future state plans, manufacturing and sourcing strategies, cross-functional processes, and the establishment of uniform policies and procedures.
- Implement a Lean System using techniques throughout the distribution centers, factories and functions as required.
- Achieve the Capital Spending Plan & cost down objectives
- Develop the resources within operations via training and professional growth opportunities to prepare them for cross-functional assignments
- Support the achievement of the Key Process Indicators and Key Strategic Initiatives
- Foster a process improvement culture with Rapid Improvement Events (RIE’s) and continuous improvement events based on results from the Value Stream Map (VSM) process.
- A Bachelor’s degree in engineering, supply chain or business from an accredited institution or equivalent
- A minimum of five (5) years of work experience in a manufacturing or operations environment.
- A minimum of two (2) years of work experience in Lean, Continuous Improvement or Operations of Excellence.
- Lean Six Sigma Certification
- Continuous Improvement (CI) Certifications
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft (i.e. Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook, Visio, Project.
- Effective verbal and written communications skills required. Read, interpret and analyze correspondence, memos and reports.
- Communicate effectively with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Excellent teamwork and leadership skills.
- Project management skills
- Dedicated to company and personal core behaviors.
- Practice safety and adhere to all company safety policies.
- Work in warehouse and office environment. In addition, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds using proper safety precautions.