Consolidated Nuclear Security
Lean Six Sigma (LSS) Black Belts (BBs) are leaders who work to change the way people think, the organization's norms, systems & processes in pursuit of continuous improvement (CI).
- Leadership – Leads varied complex technical and business improvement projects & programs performed by multiple organizations, within and across sites. Integrates efforts of multiple organizations, often with conflicting goals, to accomplish objectives. Uses relational & performance based leadership skills.
- Project Management – Manages and executes projects & programs with a high amount of autonomy from the conceptual stages through issue validation, analysis & planning, and solution implementation. Leads the development of business cases and project/program schedules. Uses advanced mathematics, statistics, querying methods to develop solutions. Performs uncertainty and risk analysis, manages team performance, reports progress, and initiates action to ensure objectives and schedules are met.
- Develops tools, practices, and policies to analyze, report, and promote CI in a program framework. Develops management & operating systems and program governance to control implementation. Develops audits of program and policy compliance.
- Communication & Stakeholder Interaction - Presents technical and business information to technical & non-technical audiences, to internal & external customers. Communicate with employees at all levels of the company.
- Enterprise Impact – Uses a systems approach to address an organization’s improvement actions by considering issues, risks, costs, and schedule. Defines technical strategies and provides insight on how to effectively prioritize and manage them.
- Participates in long-range strategic improvement planning with programs, technical and functional organizations with impacts on Business Area Plans and Business Operating Plan.
- Collaborates in Nuclear Security Enterprise (NSE) inter-site activities for best practices (e.g., Savannah River, Kansas City, Sandia) and Complex improvements.
- Subject Matter Expertise (SME) - Acts as a primary SME for LSS methodologies & tools including: Project scoping & chartering, Business case development, Metric development and data collection, Process and value stream mapping, Measurements systems analysis, Fishbone diagram, fault trees, event trees (causal analysis),Failure modes and effects analysis (risk analysis), XY matrix (cause & effect matrix), Process capability analysis, Process modeling and simulation, Lean tools (e.g., 5S, 8 waste, pull, flow), Graphical data analysis, Statistical process control, Inferential statistics (confidence intervals, sample size),Hypothesis testing (T-tests, tests for equal variance, Chi-squared/proportion testing, ANOVA, non-parametric tests),Regression analysis, Design of experiments, Theory of constraints.
- Teaching - Teaches CI Essentials and CI for Enabling Leaders classes. On the job trains Value Stream Element Team Leaders through deployment.
What You Can Expect
- Meaningful work and unique opportunities to support missions vital to national and global security.
- Top-notch, dedicated colleagues.
- Generous pay and benefits with a stable organization.
- Career advancement and professional development programs.
- Work-life balance fostered through flexible work options and wellness initiatives.
Minimum Job Requirements
- Bachelors in engineering/science discipline and a minimum 4 years of relevant experience.
- OR a Masters and a minimum 2 years of relevant experience.
- Must have extensive work process knowledge in the field of engineering, science, production operations and/or technical support operations.
Preferred Job Requirements
- Advanced Statistics training and experience
- Advanced Simulation training and experience
- Experience leading DMAIC process improvement projects
- Knowledge and experience in plant operations and processes
- Lean Six Sigma Black Belt, Green Belt, or Yellow Belt certification (which included a certification project) preferred. If already certified as a Lean Six Sigma Black Belt, will undergo analysis on expected skills and establish a plan to shore up any gaps. If a BB certification is not possessed, must be able to complete Lean Six Sigma Black Belt certification requirements.