Performance Excellence Specialist is responsible for supporting the executive team by facilitating the identification and planning of key strategic performance improvement activities to drive achievement of organizational goals. Facilitate and coordinate complex performance improvement projects to success, demonstrating subject matter expertise in the use of process improvement tools and methodologies. Leads and provides process improvement education throughout the organization and contributes to curriculum development; and participates in any regulatory or accreditation survey that requires demonstration of improvement activities that improve quality, patient safety, patient experience and/or efficiency.
Licensure and Certification:
- Clinical, healthcare relevant, license or certification is highly desirable.
- Lean and Six Sigma Black Belt Certification preferred.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification preferred.
- Master’s Degree required; degree in a quantitative field (e.g. business, engineering, mathematics) preferred.
- Coursework or background in statistics is required. A combination of education/experience will be considered.
- Five (5) years of progressive responsibility in the application of process improvement and statistical process control methodologies; two (2) years of prior work experience in an acute health care setting highly desired.
- Must have progressive experience with independently facilitating performance improvement teams.
- Extensive knowledge of health care regulations, accreditation, and licensing requirements.
- Must have expertise in advanced process improvement methodologies, project management, and team facilitation.
- Demonstrated proficiency in applying principles, concepts, and techniques of quality/performance improvement.
- Must have excellent leadership, influential, listening, facilitation, and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated experience in the design, development, and delivery of training programs.
- Extensive knowledge and skills using PC/Macintosh applications, especially spreadsheet, online analytic processing tools, and statistical functions.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be willing to work both collaboratively and independently within a deadline-driven environment.
- Ability to organize and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to quickly develop and maintain productive relationships with team members
- Ability to complete work assignments, accurately, timely, and with minimal supervision.
- Ability to project an image of professionalism in communication, appearance and conduct.
- Must be self-motivated and able to adapt to evolving business needs.