Lead and facilitate plant Continuous Improvement (CI) efforts. Apply appropriate tools to drive improvements in Safety, Quality and Reliability (SQR). Perform all jobs safely, efficiently and accurately to maintain and improve the performance of the entire plant in the areas of Safety, Quality, Reliability (SQR) and our Customer 1st strategy. Provide leadership that embodies our 7 Kroger Manufacturing High Performance Work System principles. Demonstrate the company’s core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety.
Essential Job Functions:
- Assist plant teams with goal-setting and tracking CI measures.
- Select/apply appropriate CI tools to improve line capacity, line efficiency, process reliability, mean time between failure and other key measures.
- Apply Lean Six Sigma tools and the DMAIC process to complete projects with annual savings and provide technical expertise to support root cause analysis process.
- Create control plans to produce sustainable gains.
- Lead teams to solve problems, eliminate waste and reduce variation.
- Participate in all relevant aspects of project management initiatives and support commissioning, qualification and verification for capital projects.
- Mentor/coach teams on CI and Lean/Six Sigma methodology.
- Utilize Kroger downtime system to identify/prioritize improvement opportunities.
- Develop/ leverage collaborative relationships to achieve work goals.
- Identify and understand issues and opportunities; compare data from different sources to draw conclusions, use effective approaches for choosing a course of action, and take action that is consistent with available facts, constraints, and probable consequences.
- Travel occasionally to attend CI training and CI leader conferences.
- Follow established programs, policies and practices to produce safe quality foods that meet regulatory and company requirements.
- Support the development, implementation, maintenance, and ongoing improvement of the SQF 2000 Systems.
- Accountable to the Kroger Manufacturing Food Safety and Quality Principles.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Minimum Position Qualifications & Education:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or a related field
- 2+ years of proven, successful leadership of teams
- Manufacturing experience
- Strong mathematical, analytical and conceptual skills, balanced by ability to apply common sense
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Proven ability to leverage the capabilities and insights of individuals with diverse styles, abilities and motivations to achieve strong results
- Ability to remain flexible and adjust promptly and effectively during times of change
- Ability to guide a teams to collectively create actionable solutions
- Strong negotiation, oral and written communication skills
- Achieve Black Belt certification
Desired Previous Job Experience:
- Experience developing/reengineering business processes from current to future state
- Training or exposure to statistical analysis
- Experience with Lean or Six Sigma implementation and project management
- Green Belt certified and level 7 requirements completed as outlined in the CI training manual (pay level - 7)
- Black Belt certified and level 8 requirements complete as outlined in the CI training manual (pay level - 8)