The CPS Plant Pillar Lead partners with the plant’s entire team to ensure the effective roll-out of the CPS- establishing a zero-loss manufacturing culture where everyone, everyday, learns & improves something, delivering World Class sustainable performance. In event of this person absence, coverage will be provided.
- Essential Job Functions: (To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned.)
- Guide CPS roll-out; lead the cultural shift to managing through pillars
- Provides leadership and subject matter expertise in the ConAgra Performance System (CPS) best practices.
- Coordinate and support plant pillar and platform leads (5S, Safety, Planned Maintenance, Focused Improvement, etc.)
- Engage all associates through hands-on mentoring, audits, etc.
- Monitor Sprint Plan timeline and engage pillar leads and plant leadership to ensure successful completion
- Participate in pillar activities (e.g., Kaizen events)
- Lead the Reliability Improvement Plans (RIP); establish, as necessary, action plans; and follow-up meetings
- Instill a “hands-on,” systematic approach to problem solving (“Gemba”)
- Works closely with cross functional teams (i.e. Project Engineers, Contractors, Technicians, Peers, Other CPS Pillars leads, etc.) to plan, implement, lead and/or execute actions that will assist in CPS implementation in the Kent facility.
- Leads and engages team members to in improve systems, processes and procedures.
- Coaches teams in personal accountability, giving and receiving feedback, root cause analysis, problem solving, decision making, trade-off analysis, interpersonal communications and external interactions
- Troubleshoots problems and implements corrective actions through root cause analysis.
- Works closely with the Operations teams to create an Autonomous Maintenance work culture and run to centerline.
- Actively reinforces key CPS concepts everyday through coaching and auditing across the organization.
- Facilitates and reacts to non-routine and crisis situations.
- Responds to and utilizes communication tools including cellular phones.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent required, 4 yr degree in Business Management, Organizational Development, Engineering or other related fields is preferred
- 3 yr manufacturing experience
- Three+ years experience in Continuous Improvement environment – TPM, Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma and related process improvement systems.
- Three+ years experience leading, guiding, and mentoring teams and individuals along with practical experience in understanding group dynamics and team development
- Three+ years in facilitating cross-functional teams; overseeing root-cause analysis, data collection, and problem solving utilizing key TPM/ CPS concepts such as “Why, Why/ How How”, Phenomena Thinking, etc.
- Working knowledge of production equipment and systems including maintenance activities.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft programs including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Self-motivated and ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to manage and prioritize one’s own time consistent with the needs of the business
- Excellent communication skills including oral, written and listening.
- Ability to interpret a variety of technical information in mathematical and/or narrative form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
We care about your total well-being and will support you with the following, subject to your location and role:
- Health: Medical, dental and vision insurance, company-paid life, accident and disability insurance
- Wealth: great salaries, matching 401(k) and stock purchase plan
- Growth: online courses, virtual and classroom development experiences
- Balance: paid-time off , flexible work-schedules