Atlas Roofing Corporation
- Achieve all facility business goals including, but not limited to, the areas of safety, quality, production, delivery, reliability and financial budget compliance.
- Develop and ensure management systems are in place to monitor plant output to ensure efficient resource utilization and initiate corrective action as required.
- Exhibit Atlas core values in work behaviors, decision making, and interpersonal interactions by soliciting feedback and valuing others perspectives.
- Establish and maintain a positive, cooperative working relationship with all levels of employees.
- Develop and foster a well-trained and motivated staff. Assess current skill sets and align with plant future growth and vision. Provide effective and timely feedback, development planning, set clear objectives, and coach employees to perform at their highest levels.
- Maintain building, grounds, equipment, and facilities to provide and sustain a quality working environment supportive of maximum efficiency, productivity, and return on investment.
- Determine capital expenditures and authorize equipment and plant modifications.
- Define and maintain proper raw material and finished goods inventory levels
- Direct and coordinate plant operations in strict compliance with all state and federal laws, regulations, corporate policies and procedures.
- Work with the Regional Sales Manager for satisfaction of market needs and objectives.
- Foster positive customer interactions and relationships through high service levels and on-time delivery.
- Ensure that all plant assets are properly managed, safeguarded, and secure.
- Have regular, consistent physical attendance.
Plant Manager Experience
- Must possess a minimum of ten (10) years of manufacturing experience in a technologically advanced manufacturing environment (preferably chemical process manufacturing)
- Minimum of two (2) years of leadership experience.
Plant Manager Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Previous plant-level profit-and-loss experience is desired; an ability to effectively interpret, monitors, and reports financial and budgetary performance is required.
- Strong and proven leadership skills, the ability to contribute to the strategic and tactical direction of a senior management team, and the ability to establish credibility and rapport within the manufacturing organization and the company are required.
- A change agent with demonstrated intelligence, creativity, and an ability to conceptualize, develop, and implement effective world-class manufacturing initiatives,
- Demonstrated knowledge of progressive management and manufacturing tools (LEAN, Six Sigma, Formal Problem Solving Techniques, and Quality Systems)
- Strong computer skills (MS Office, ability to quickly learn/navigate an ERP system, statistical analysis software)
- Be capable of establishing and concentrating on the high priority issues that will serve the company in total.
- Must be a “hands-on” self-starter willing to work with minimum staff support.
Plant Manager Education, Licenses & Certifications
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree in engineering or business is desired
- An MBA is beneficial