Responsible for management and oversight of a manufacturing site. Directs and coordinates activities of site including production, quality control, safety, workforce planning and supervision, shipping/receiving, materials and maintenance, to obtain optimum financial and quality goals.
- Leads the manufacturing process within his/her site.
- Drives the efficiency and cost effective production of CoorsTek products.
- Responsible for the coordination of various manufacturing functions and processes.
- Executes and develops policies, programs, and objectives affecting the site production schedule, product quality, and cost of manufactured products.
- Institutes quality programs to meet or exceed quality standards.
- Collaborates with other functions, plants and regions on a global scale to maximize the capacity, growth and expansion of the business.
- Drives reductions in cost of goods sold and capital efficiency.
- Maintains a deep understanding of productivity and plant efficiency.
- Operates in alignment with CoorsTek Corporate strategy by providing superior Customer Value, new solutions and effectively and efficiently meeting their needs.
- Maintains a shared accountability for profit margin
- Reviews and analyzes reports, records, and directives, and confers with managers/supervisors to obtain data required for planning activities, such as new commitments, status of work in progress, and problems encountered.
- Responsible for collaborating with Human Resources on the execution of the overall Global Talent strategy within the plant
- Accountable along with EH&S for establishing strong processes and programs supporting a culture of safety and the safe operations of the plant.
- Champions continuous improvement efforts. Supports and helps to implement new ideas.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related field. Plus 5 -10 years of related work experience
- 5 - 10 years of progressive manufacturing/leadership experience, including the application of Lean, TOC, Six Sigma or other TQM process improvement methodologies in a manufacturing environment. Experience in ceramics manufacturing preferred.
Functional/Technical Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge and experience with quality and continuous improvement techniques, strong analytical and quantitative skills, excellent communication, interpersonal effectiveness, and leadership
- Excellent people management and communication skills
- Demonstrates strong leadership, management and problem solving skills as well as the ability to engage team to achieve goals
- Must be able to work with a diverse variety of people from different cultures and backgrounds