The Plant Manager oversees the entire manufacturing operations to ensure product quality and employee safety. This role is responsible for meeting company objectives, directing and coordinating daily operations and ensuring customer satisfaction. The position is responsible for the entire production operations within Arizona, with multiple direct reports and upwards of 400 in the total organization.
- Build a culture of safety and drive to zero injuries.
- Execute Business Unit Operations Annual Operating Plans.
- Lead continuous improvement efforts in yield, scrap, productivity, on-time delivery, lead times, and inventory.
- Lead the drive for "first time right" quality and implement the cost down road map.
- Manage and leverage capabilities and capacities between the global manufacturing sites to gain efficiencies in productivity, quality and transportation.
- Implement systems to ensure consistency between sites and sharing of best practices.
- Encourage, participate and lead Kaizen events at all sites.
- Close collaboration with Sales, Marketing, R&D, and Supply Chain to improve the ramp-up of new products and capacity requirements.
- Support new product/new technology launches and drive process capabilities to Cpk>1.33.
- Optimize capacity utilization globally.
- Close collaboration with Quality Systems organization to support, implement, and maintain ISO/TS quality systems in all locations.
- Help develop a quality culture throughout the organization.
- Develop a high performing operations team.
- Identify high potential employees.
- Create personnel development plans and succession plans.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Required Education and Experience:
- B.S. degree in Engineering
- Operations experience to include engineering, production leadership, quality, safety, and equipment procurement
- 5 years' experience managing an operation of 200+ employees
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Customer-focused with superior skills in the areas of analytical thinking, consensus building, empowerment, strategic thinking, and constructively dealing with conflict
- Demonstrated ability to set and achieve high standards as an individual and as a leader
- Demonstrated ability to persevere and succeed in the face of significant challenges and ambiguity
Preferred Education and Experience:
- 10+ years' operations experience
Preferred Skills and Abilities:
- Automotive and/or FR4 experience
- Six Sigma Black Belt
- Drive for Results
- Priority Setting
- Motivating Others
- Developing Direct Reports
- Strategic Agility
- Dealing with Ambiguity