Thermo Fisher Scientific
How will you make an impact?
- Lead/work with functional teams to streamline processes to improve the customer experience, enable profitable growth and become more efficient.
- Diplomatically cultivate an action-biased culture of continuous improvement to improve KPIs, in the areas of customer, finance, people and quality.
- Provide support to develop lean expertise and capability within the organization at all levels.
- Improve the decision-making model and problem-solving capabilities within high performance teams to increase autonomy and the pace of change.
- Provide ongoing Lean support to multiple teams.
- Work with the expanded team to develop/promote/standardize the Business System further.
What will you do?
Passion for driving improvement and leading change in a complex, global environment
- Broad knowledge of multi-functional, multi-site, global organizational processes and financial business methods.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to connect with and positively influence leadership and all levels of the organization
- Able to drive strategic thinking and continuous improvement in both non-operational and operational areas, including connecting the cross-functional resources to remove waste along the extended value streams.
- A holistic thinker who can look enterprise-wide to integrate and streamline systems for optimal benefit.
- Great communicator, including solid written, oral and presentation-giving skills.
- High ethical standards to support a professional business code of conduct.
How will you get here?
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, science, operations or business, with evidence of operational, leadership, or professional experience
- 5-8 years’ experience leading continuous project/ process improvement initiatives.
- A Lean Six Sigma expert with extensive experience and a ‘hands-on’ track record of implementing successful TPS-based business systems including elements such as Lean Leadership (Daily Management, Leader Standard Work, and Gemba Walks)
- Strategy Deployment and Value-stream mapping
- Kaizen events on standard work, cell design, process and product 3P, Value-Analysis/Value Engineering, error-proofing, material flow, Heijunka, and Kanban.
- Expertise in problem-solving utilizing a formal program/process
- Use of SPC and Variation Reduction tools
- Proven track record of identifying and delivering year-over-year results using metric-driven problem solving.
- Proven track record for developing, training, and coaching teams, Self-directed leader with a proven ability to manage/influence across and up into the organization without direct reporting responsibility.
- Plant Management experience is a big plus.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Six Sigma Belt
- Lean Six Sigma Certification