This position works for the US Performance Excellence CoE team, supporting the development, implementation and evolution of process and performance excellence capabilities for National Grid. A successful candidate will develop, implement, manage and evolve strategies to create a system and culture of sharing Performance and Process Excellence Best Practices; enabling process capabilities across the business.
This role reports to the Director, Performance Excellence.
- Advise, guide, and drive the development, implementation and continuous improvement and direction for the overall E2E process using Process and Performance Excellence tools, methods, expertise, analysis, and insight. In collaboration with the process teams, guide, co-develop and implement E2E process performance measurements.
- Continuously engage across the organization, E2E process teams, Functional stakeholders, and other interdependencies to identify and qualify process impacts and process improvement opportunities, and help lead, and guide changes.
- As a part of the US Performance Excellence CoE team, help develop and evolve Process and Performance Capability build with the business process teams.
- Guide the process teams to share best practices and increase long term capability, advise on process improvement approaches.
- Proactively build and maintain internal and external networks in building National Grid’s brand, to effectively develop and foster a culture of innovation in the E2E process, including challenging and advising the business to better understand the impact of existing policies, processes and ways of working in order to drive greater innovation and value.
- A Bachelor’s degree preferably in an analytical discipline
- MBA preferred but not required
- 10+ years related professional experience, 3+ year’s management experience leading teams
- Strong experience with Lean, Six Sigma or similar process improvement discipline. Lean Six Sigma Black Belts preferred but not required
- Experience in directly or indirectly leading and developing a broad team comprised of diverse expertise and skills
- Strong Program and Project management skills
- Strong interpersonal capabilities and ability to work cross-functionally with diverse teams (sound negotiation & problem solving skills)
- Ability to successfully prioritize and handle multiple tasks.
- Strong decision making and time management skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills