Principals will apply deep understanding of multiple industries along with domain expertise in multiple disciplines including strategy and innovation, marketing, performance improvement, digital reinvention, and organizational behavior to work with clients to innovate and deliver transformative, sustainable solutions to complex business opportunities faced by our clients. In addition to proven, experience-based expertise in multiple domains, they must have the ability to craft strategy and recommendations, define the value of the recommendations (i.e., ROI, improved cycle times, efficiencies, etc.) and then manage the implementation/deployment of those recommendations for the client (Execution/Implementation, Program Management, Change Management, etc.).
They must be able to leverage their years of experience and industry best practices in advising clients. Principals are expected to be trusted advisors to C-level executives. It is critical that they are able to clearly and simply explain both technical and conceptual constructs to clients, and they must help organizations understand the business process and total cost of action and inaction.
On a typical engagement, Principals will execute against project plans set with the client, their vendors, themselves, and the Practice Leader responsible for the client engagement. They will guide the client deliverables and work through challenges and opportunities to gather the information necessary to conduct analyses, synthesize results, and make recommendations. All work is expected to be completed with a high degree of accuracy and delivered within agreed budget and timeframe. Ideal candidates will show strength in:
- Problem Solving Creativity
- Team Work – Across All Levels
- Leadership – People, Knowledge, and Growth
- Project Leadership – Operational, Analytical, and Cultural
- Communication – Synthesis into Practical Recommendations
Skills and Experience
- 10+ years of business experience at market leading firms in multiple industries
- At least 5+ years of experience at a leading consulting firm or as a leader at a top technology firm with a market leading professional services organization – e.g. Oracle, Accenture, IBM, etc.
- Excellent Communication Skills – written and verbal
- Global perspective and experience
- Strong business acumen
- Possess the candor, conviction, and courage to challenge the status quo within an organization and raise cultural or systemic issues which require the client’s attention
- Willingness to travel frequently (up to 65%)
- Education: Advanced Degree (MBA, Juris Doctorate, Ph.D., or other related advanced degree from a leading school or program). Additional education and/or certification a plus – Six Sigma, strategy and innovation, applications, systems, etc.
- Successful candidates will be asked to show proof that they can legally work within the United States