Principal Process Manager, Small Business Card KYC & Fraud Operations
Process Managers thrive in understanding how things work, and constantly challenging how we can improve them – that means mapping out business processes, understanding and mitigating business risks and ensuring we have the right controls in place – and then making them better. As a Process Manager, you will work with extended teams across Small Business Card, and the broader Enterprise, to manage and improve key business processes. In this case, the Small Business Card KYC and Acquisition Fraud processes.
- Process managers have the opportunity to:
- Participate in Capital One’s process transformation by defining and implementing process improvement agendas, driving efficiencies to create better experiences for our customers
- Apply management skills such as communications and change leadership to help drive key priorities like technology changes, data integration, and continuous improvement
- Use a variety of techniques and tools to define, manage and improve processes, like Visual Management, Business Process Management, Lean, and Six Sigma
- Reviewing the processes from beginning to end, through the eye of the business, customers and other key stakeholders, and introducing innovation into the process that can impact results, improve customer experience, enhance profitability and assist the organization to meet its business objectives and goals
- Working within a business built on rigorous data, insight and effective risk management, your responsibilities will include:
- Building and refining KYC and Acquisition Fraud business cases as we look to improve the way we service our Customer while mitigating risk
- Prioritizing changes that add the most value to the business and then seamlessly deliver those into the Operation
- Collaborating with enterprise KYC and Fraud process owners and various teams in different locations to develop and execute effective processes
- Supporting projects by partnering with technology, other teams, and vendors to ensure KYC and Fraud processes are built to be effective and efficient and focus on key business objectives
- Identifying operational breakdowns and inefficiencies to drive action to streamline and simplify existing processes to ensure consistently great customer outcomes
- Analysing and improving existing processes Ensuring that KYC and Fraud processes are in compliance with enterprise standards and regulations and solutions are built for business with scalability in mind
- Partnering with technology, multiple stakeholders, including intent owners and delivery teams, and vendors to ensure change is delivered smoothly
- Leading intent alignment conversations with broader enterprise, tech and product teams
- Coordinating internal resources, stakeholders and dependencies for the flawless delivery of a sophisticated set of products to market
- Maintaining comprehensive process documentation and dashboards
- Ensuring that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
- Monitoring, reporting and escalating to management as needed
- What experience you’ll need
- A keen attention to detail, to be able to understand key operational processes, systems and technology and how they are effective in managing to business objectives.
- Experience of decision making and problem solving and ability to combine business experience and insights from a range of sources to make effective recommendations.
- Ability to work in a matrix environment with multiple stakeholders to drive business decisions around an appropriate approach to process management, and ensuring execution is inline with the process definition.
- Experience navigating grey space with legal, risk, and compliance partners
- Strong business judgment, leadership and integrity: be a tenacious decision maker, able to bring a healthy, balanced approach to business with a strong customer focus
- Experience using LEAN / Six Sigma methodologies within a business to drive either operational efficiencies or reduce error rates.
- Ability to work independently to drive process improvements
- You understand agile frameworks and tech delivery
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, relationship building, and influence skills
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills
- Associate’s Degree or Military experience
- At least 2 years of Process or Project Management experience
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2+ years of Risk Management experience
- 2+ experience of using Lean & Six Sigma to drive continuous improvement initiatives
- 2+ experience of partnering with technology in Agile environments
- 3+ years experience working in the Financial Industry, specifically with KYC and Fraud processes or operations
- 3+ years of Process and Project Management experience
- 3+ years experience in process engineering, design, development, and deployment