The Principal Supplier Quality Engineer (SQE), will perform supplier facing quality engineering, in support of assigned Program(s). The SQE will work cross functionally across Hardware Management Teams, Supply Chain, Operations and Engineering activities to analyze, control, and improve product quality. The individual develops supplied part quality requirements and ensures quality requirements are applied appropriately. The SQE interprets Quality requirements (Q-Notes) and makes critical decisions on Q-Note application to procured production parts. The SQE will provide problem resolution, conduct continuous improvement activities within Raytheon Technologies and at suppliers’ facilities, ensure compliance to quality requirements and manage/mitigate program risk.
The SQE will:
- Analyze product performance using statistical methods to understand root cause and identify significant variances to the technical data packages
- Perform analyses of nonconformities to identify root cause, establish effective containment, and develop/monitor corrective actions
- Perform Supplier and/or IOT Partner factory process walks and factory risk assessments
- Perform reviews of supplier Building instructions and processes to mitigate escape potentials
- Perform supplier TDP reviews and compliance comparison to Raytheon Source Control TDPs
Assure clear identification, physical control and competent disposition of nonconformities
- Facilitate closed loop process controls and continuous improvement methods to improve product/process quality
- Facilitate Program Reviews, Supplier Reviews, and Technical Interchange Meetings
- Analyze and approve proposed engineering, planning changes, test plans, and procedures
- Participate in design reviews, process change reviews, qualification test reviews, as well as Test Equipment verification and validation
- Provide problem resolution, and guide continuous improvement activities at suppliers’ facilities.
- Execute Supplier Assessments, First Article Inspections and validations
- Conduct Pre and Post Contract Award reviews to ensure compliance with Technical Data Packages
- Perform on-site Source Surveillance and Corrective Action processing.
- Interpret quality requirements (Q-Notes) and makes critical decisions on Q-Note application to procured production parts.
- Ability to travel as required by program needs (Approximately 25%)