- Source and procure goods and services of a commodity nature from many suppliers.
- Initiate Requests for Quotations and Proposals and receives same, analyzing proposed pricing from potential suppliers.
- In conjunction with quality organization, evaluate and monitor supplier quality and reliability, as well as supplier ability to support required delivery schedules. Work with internal customers to ensure specifications are appropriate for the services or products required
- Identify opportunities to reduce cost, improve efficiency and manage risk through targeted negotiations
- Issue purchase orders.
- Manage performance of purchase orders, ensures compliance with all public law requirements as well as company (and business) policies and procedures including import/export regulations.
- Employ sound business practices and assesses supplier performance as part of follow-up activities.
- Ensure that appropriate documentation is provided to logistics/transportation & warehouse organization so that proper receipt is recorded.
- Review and approve supplier payment as needed.
- Utilizes process tools such as Lean Six Sigma with suppliers to drive quality, efficiency and continuous improvement.
Basic Qualifications: - Bachelors Degree and 6 years of related experience. 4 additional years of related experience can be substituted for the
- Procurement experience in Government environment
- U.S. citizenship required. Ability to obtain a TS/SCI clearance
- Microsoft skills
- Experience working with in FAR/DFAR requirements Preferred Qualifications: - TS/SCI clearance - Experience with working with DOD customers