As a Process Engineer you will be responsible for daily trouble shooting and improvement of the plant process systems and network. The engineer is responsible for implementation of capital and cost design changes and daily trouble-shooting of plant issues. The primary focus of this position is to work closely with operations, maintenance and Technical lab to troubleshoot, develop, and implement strategies to continuously improve plant operations.
- Serve as the site expert for plant technical issues by providing proactive analytical skills to troubleshoot and problem solve process or equipment failures occurring within the plant.
- Develop equipment knowledge to become the subject matter expert for the review and preparation of operating procedures and skills development.
- Drive continuous technical improvements for processes through collaboration with on-site teams to monitor and manage critical process performance in the plant, including interaction with operations, maintenance and quality control.
- Lead root cause failure analysis and problem solving sessions,
- Participate in hazards analysis and scope development for capital projects.
- Monitor and report on process performance, product cost, and operational logistics.
- Prepare and audit scopes of work, estimates, schedules, and equipment specifications.
- Evaluate vendor proposals and designs and exercise effective judgment around functionality, cost and timing.
- Support new product and technology introductions to the plant, collaborating with global teams including R&D.
- Network with other process engineers to support improvement initiatives.
- Develop technical assumptions based on past performance and predictive indicators for annual budget costing.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related technical field required.
- Minimum of five (5) years of proven experience
- Solid understanding of process improvement, process design and optimization, and quality assurance processes and procedures
- Strength in creative problem solving to meet business objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to lead cross-functional teams.
- Experience in a Coatings production operation preferred.
- Six Sigma Black Belt Certification preferred.