Morgan Advanced Materials
Responsible for assisting in the development of process parameters and data used in establishing operating standards for manufacturing processes. Participates in testing and analysis to establish new processes. Maintains and controls process procedures and documentation. Supports team members and ensures that established goals and deadlines are met. Keeps superiors informed of significant problems. Complies with safety regulations.
Assists in process evaluation to help optimize product quality and productivity.
- Supports the manufacturing effort by developing, documenting, creating, and improving new products and more efficient processes.
- Evaluates opportunities to improve performance, increase yields, and minimize waste.
- Identifies and documents capabilities and limitations of processes.
Participates in planning and implementing new projects.
- Utilizes materials testing methods and failure analysis techniques to determine the technical and economic implications of new technologies.
- Ensures that projects are compliant with applicable regulations and licensing requirements.
- Ensures that processes conform to required specifications and customer needs.
Maintains appropriate documentation for process.
- Ensures that written manufacturing instructions exists for all processes.
- Assists in the compilation of data, generation of reports, and preparation of presentations.
Assumes responsibility for establishing and maintaining effective communication, coordination, and working relationships with staff personnel, customers and management.
- Keeps superiors informed of significant problems and of progress attained in reaching established objectives.
- Assists and supports Manufacturing, Maintenance and other Engineering personnel.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience Required
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering or Material Science is required.
- 1-5 years of related experience in Carbon/Graphite Processing and Characterization.
- Experience with Statistical Process Control and Continuous Improvement.
- Certified in Quality Improvement techniques (Six Sigma DMAIC or 8D Practical Problem Solving).
- Individual must be a: Citizen of the United States, or Permanent resident alien of the United States, or a Protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)
- Strong analytical, technical background and problem-solving skills.
- PC Literacy (Microsoft Office and Engineering/Quality Softwares).
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Ability to apply logical or scientific thinking to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw conclusions.
- Benchmarks against best practices and constantly raises the bar for self and others.
- Demonstrates a consistent commitment to excellence.
- Seeks to understand cultural differences and applies that knowledge to improve teamwork and results.
- Provides timely, direct, specific, and actionable positive and corrective feedback.
- Creates a climate where honest debate is encouraged, and the truth is spoken even when it is difficult to hear.
- Can inspire and motivate all types of people – boss, peers, and/or direct reports - influencing their thinking and actions. without relying on position power or intimidation.
- Establishes and builds effective relationships with customers and gains their respect and trust.