Chromalloy is looking for a Process Engineer to be an integral part of the Engineering department at the San Diego Site. The Process Engineer will evaluate manufacturing processes by designing and conducting research programs; applying knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, and materials; conferring with equipment vendors; soliciting observations from operators.
The essential functions of this position are:
- Develops manufacturing processes by studying product requirements; researching, designing, modifying, and testing manufacturing methods and equipment; conferring with equipment vendors.
- Improves manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning work flow, space requirements, and equipment layout.
- Assures product and process quality by designing testing methods; testing finished- product and process capabilities; establishing standards; confirming manufacturing processes.
- Provides manufacturing decision-making information by calculating production, labor, and material costs; reviewing production schedules; estimating future requirements.
- Supports manufacturing issues real-time.
- 5+ years aerospace experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering; Aerospace Focus Required (e.g. Manufacturing, Process, Structural, Power Plant etc.)
- Proven Successes utilizing lean manufacturing and/or six sigma
Position is located in San Diego, CA (local candidate desired).
Must be a US Citizen or Green Card Holder.