- Uses Statistical Process Control (SPC) and problem solving techniques to continuously improve the Resins and Adhesive manufacturing process by eliminating problems at there source and to establish measures for equipment performance; and to bring technical support to other chemical processes, as assigned.
- Implements programs to improve cost, cycle time, material usage and quality in the Resin and Adhesive Process, or other chemical processes as assigned, using techniques such as Statistical Process Control (SPC), Design of Experiments, and computer controlled systems.
- Coordinates bench and pilot plant experiments with the Quality Assurance Department to solve chemical related manufacturing problems particularly to eliminate rejections and improve Right First Time entry (RFT) acceptance.
- Coordinates with the appropriate departments to solve technical problems related to the Resins and Adhesive process.
- Coordinates with Maintenance Department to solve problems related to Resins and Adhesive equipment to ensure that production equipment is in good working condition.
- Works with the Facilities and Maintenance Manager to identify process parameters for a comprehensive maintenance program for the Resin and Adhesive production area and to establish appropriate spare parts inventory levels for production equipment. Ensures that the Maintenance Preventive Program is updated as needed.
- Proposes process changes via Henkel Product Control Notice (HPCN) System. Submits changes to SOPs, bill of materials and routings accordingly.
- Conducts investigations and respond to customer’s inquiries, complaints and corrective actions as assigned.
- Proposes and conducts training programs for the Resins and Adhesive operators to update them on process technologies and/or new products SOP’s.
- Provide technical assistance to the Manufacturing Manager, or to other process areas as assigned, in the solution of technical problems that may affect the overall efficiency and quality of production.
- Works with Quality Assurance (QA) to transfer new Resins and Adhesives.
- Prepares capital projects requests for replacements, additions, or improvements to Resin and Adhesive production processes/ equipment and/or to any other process areas as assigned.
- Coordinates the start-up and commission of additions or modifications to Resin and Adhesive equipment and facilities.
- Attends production and administrative meetings and trainings as required.
- Performs as a back-up process engineer for the other chemical process/mixing areas.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical Engineering.
- Experience in a chemical batch process environment is desirable.
- Experience in structured Problem-Solving Methodology (A3, 5-WHY, 8D, etc). Six Sigma certification is highly recommended.
- Utilize LEAN, statistical and data-visualization tools in order to execute daily and long-term production activities to meet or exceed the targets of quality, yield, and operating costs.
- Knowledge on SAP is desirable.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish), oral and written.