Process Excellence Consultant
Focus Areas: Business Operations, Technology Platforms, Process Improvements, Process Re-Design, Workflow Optimization, Workflow Documentation
Are you passionate about driving business decisions, designing workflow optimizations, and creating human-centered experiences and innovative technologies? Do you get excited about helping organizations maximize their operational effectiveness? Are you able to analyze, design, create and drive large scale process improvements and operational efficiencies across an enterprise?
If so, we would love to speak to you about working for a premier insurance company. We are seeking a human-centered, lean, six sigma process, and digital technologies leader that can assess, business and operational needs for opportunities to improve efficiency, productivity, cost effectiveness, and data accuracy across the enterprise servicing our product and platform teams.
As a Process Excellence Consultant, you will consult with product and technology teams to evaluate, redesign, and develop the organization's product cost operations and technology platform processes. These process initiatives will align, and integrate our culture, people, product and technologies and will empower the future of Homesite. We are looking for someone who is passionate about building a process disciplined culture and designing human-centered processes and experiences that will generate organizational excellence, effectiveness, commitment, teaming, collaboration, innovation, trust, and loyalty, a true problem-solver at heart. You do not shy away from new challenges. You are intensely focused on identifying organizational operations inefficiencies and business and technology process challenges. You are intensely focused on finding the right operational process and human centered solutions. You are willing to take risks and face setbacks along the way. You thrive in a fast-paced and results-oriented environment. You are process design-oriented, and human centered focused. You think in terms of ROI and impact. You enjoy learning and applying innovative people, process and technologies solutions to problems in a human-centric way. You quickly establish relationships with key stakeholders and Senior Leaders across the organization in Product, Sales, Business Development, Operations and Technology partners to build effective processes and human- centered experiences, develop meaningful KPIs and provide actionable data-driven insights. You will be an educator and translator across business and technology partners to ensure teams have a shared understanding and mindset of both the true business process and operations possibilities available to them to enable organizational effectiveness and innovative process solutions. Through data-driven insights, you will help define the business and technology process strategy to deliver on products, services and human-centered experiences that increase acquisition and loyalty, improve productivity and accelerate delivery of our insurance products and services, across channels.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Leads business process improvement initiatives to drive operational efficiencies with an eye toward decreasing organizational product, platform data operations and platform workflow costs.
- Assesses business and operational needs for opportunities to improve efficiency, productivity, effectiveness, and accuracy.
- Coordinates and manages process improvement initiatives across the enterprise working with multiple stakeholder groups.
- Coaches, develops, and teaches multiple stakeholder teams on process improvement efforts, including LEAN, Six Sigma and project management tools and best practices.
- Knowledge of various process improvement methodologies, and when to apply the various tools based on scenarios.
- Utilizes Lean and Six Sigma methodology to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of business processes.
- Collaborates with business leaders to facilitate and design business process improvement efforts, with ability to translate Six Sigma into easily understandable layman’s language.
- Deliver insights derived from data, highlighting emerging trends and internal stakeholder and partner needs.
- Identifies and validates issues and conducts root cause analysis to help operational groups identify solutions to drive improvements.
- Designs, develops, creates and maintains documentation, i.e., business process workflows, communications, standard operating procedures, job aids, presentations and training materials.
- Strong team player, demonstrating a selfless pursuit of helping others inside and outside of the team to succeed.
- Develop an integrated view of enterprise business and operations enablement programs including specific artifacts such as business capability maps and value streams to help bridge the gap between strategy and execution utilizing a repeatable approach, cohesive framework and industry best practices.
- Align and operationalize enterprise tactical and strategic goals and metrics; provide process accountability, traceability, process communications, project and process planning and governance.
- Develop and implement the Business Process Enablement Framework, including methodologies, tools, and templates, to deliver and measure operational readiness and effectiveness.
- Possesses authoritative knowledge of organizational, leadership, cultural and behavioral considerations; work with cross functional teams to ensure that metrics and processes are available to effectively assess the impact of process changes and business goals and objectives
- Develop and manage the work plan to include the end-to-end delivery of program; Identify, track, resolve and report people or organizational related risks, issues, decisions and actions to the senior leadership and project teams; create mechanisms to track organizational and people (stakeholder) readiness throughout the life cycle of the program.
- Leverage design thinking and process flow optimizations to understand As-Is and To-Be scenarios
- Facilitate fact-finding interviews and brainstorming workshops with cross-functional business partners to identify value-creation opportunities and solutions for the business
- Participate in and provide recommendations for business enablement, business process re-engineering, communications, stakeholder management and other change management tasks
- Craft and evangelize the business transformation vision and roadmap for organization, relentlessly validating it to ensure we are building a valuable and differentiated culture, program and operationalizing the best human centered experiences across the organization
- Be a business process evangelist and a human-centered experience leader gifted at storytelling.
- Provide clarity on process and workflow cost effectiveness sequencing and priorities; be nimble to adjust while ensuring internal stakeholders alignment so teams are always engaged in the most valuable work.
- Thoughtfully challenge assumptions and push cross-functional teams to find better solutions while moving quickly and designing and delivering the best product and human-centered experiences
- Partner and collaborate with others to imagine the future and define solutions to big problems and identify the appropriate go-to-market and partnership strategies at each stage of the product lifecycle
- Seek new perspectives and challenge what is possible
- Pose the right questions and share best practices to allow partners to develop long-term strategies
- Speak up, be candid and authentic
- Break barriers and connect the dots across for business and technology teams.
- Bachelor’s degree required in Business Administration or required field; Master’s Degree preferred
- LEAN, Six Sigma Black Belt certification supported by project work required.
- 8+ years of hands-on process improvement experience, designing, developing and implementing large scale organizational process improvements for both business and technology initiatives to include demonstrated process improvement, root-cause analysis, workflow, benchmarking and /or evaluation of business and technical processes and workflows.
- 5+ years of digital technology experience with 5+ years agile methodology
- Insurance and technology industry experience preferred.
- Broad, enterprise-wide view of the business and varying degrees of appreciation for strategy, processes and capabilities, enabling technologies, and program and project management, governance
- Proven ability to recognize structural issues within the organization, functional interdependencies and cross-silo redundancies
- Proven ability to identify and drive process improvements using design thinking, resulting in operational efficiencies and cost savings
- Understanding of the sales funnel including acquisition, retention and lifetime value analysis
- Possess strong business acumen with a passion for new technologies and "early adopter" mentality
- Date-driven, decision-maker who synthesizes complex scenarios and considers risks and tradeoffs
- Organized self-starter exceptionally skilled at prioritization and project management of multiple deliverables driving goals to completion under tight deadlines
- Adept at cross-functional collaboration and communication with peers, senior leadership and partners
- Creative ability to approach and solve complex problems
- Experience building, leading, and enabling high performing teams
- Ability to understand technical details and up-level to understand platform workflows.
- Foster innovation combining functional and operational knowledge.
- Flexible, agile and comfortable with ambiguity