We are seeking a Process Excellence Coordinator (Lean Six Sigma Green Belt) to support our labs. As a certified Green Belt (or equivalent), you will act as the Process Excellence local point of contact to support local Continuous Improvement initiatives, partnering with local teams and liaise with the global Process Excellence team to guarantee methods consistency, prioritization and leverage the Process Excellence team bandwidth. Will interact with all levels of internal staff, other business unit Process Excellence leads, and functional leaders, and clients. Duties will include the following:
Leading process improvement teams and directing timely completion of projects that support critical goals and customer satisfaction requirements, and serve as the departmental point of contact for specific project initiatives and best practices.
Working across all Covance functions with process owners, champions, and business leaders to facilitate setting priorities, developing agendas and designing objectives related to Covance Process Excellence.
Training and coaching team members, process owners and project champions in the use of problem solving and process design tools, methodologies and techniques to drive continuous improvement and develop a Covance Process Excellence mindset.
Developing and communicating business cases to support recommendations for change to current business practices and processes, and developing controls to monitor the progress associated with implementation of recommended changes.
Partnering with multiple levels within the location according to identified and prioritized opportunities to improve customer satisfaction, enhance productivity, drive growth, further employee engagement and performance.
Demonstrating strong project management skills, including an ability to plan and execute projects that meet cost, resource and outcome expectations; manage complex and/or competing priorities effectively; and meet commitments in an accurate and timely manner. Education/Qualifications:
- Minimum of Bachelor of Science/Arts (BS/BA) degree.
- Minimum level of Process Excellence experience as a certified Green Belt (or equivalent) three to five years.
- Relevant experience may be substituted for education. Experience:
- Minimum experience in a technical role three to five years
- Quantitative reasoning (demonstrated competence with math concepts and statistical tools; ability to understand and draw conclusions from facts and data).
- Strong written and verbal communications skills, as demonstrated by presentation of problems to appropriate people in an objective and non-judgmental manner; matching influence strategies to the situation; delivering oral and written communications with clarity and impact.
- Ability to perform intermediate computer skills (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Minitab, etc.)
- Ability to train people on Problem Solving, Project Management basics and Lean basics
- Strong leadership skills as demonstrated by:
- Ability to apply innovation and exploration of non-traditional ideas in solving problems
- Well respected within the organization
- Ability to use personal energy and positive attitude to influence
- Ability to prioritize work and adaptability to changing work demands
- Ability to maintain composure under pressure
- Ability to negotiate issues and suggestions.