- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years’ experience working in process design or process improvement programs including Kaizen, LEAN, Six Sigma, or similar
- 3+ years’ people management experience and demonstrated ability to lead teams, developing team members and growing process improvement and analytical skillsets across a team
- Experience working with diverse, global partners
- Experience and proficiency in presenting to senior leadership up to VP level
- Strong writing skills and experience in writing of white papers
- Ability to quickly adapt to changing priorities and generate innovative solutions in an extremely fast-paced environment
The COVID Resource Center (CRC) centrally handles all COVID reporting and case management for North America, including assisting employees impacted by the virus and ensuring that appropriate actions are taken to keep Amazonians safe. The CRC Operations team is responsible for answering policy questions and processing absence claims for Amazonians who need to take time away from work due to COVID. We operate with empathy, speed, and attention to detail – we are passionate about helping our fellow Amazonians. We are seeking a CRC Process Excellence Manager to design, build, and operationalize CRC processes; own their continuous improvement; and own defect tracking across the CRC operation globally. This role manages and monitors continuous process creation, change and improvement mechanisms and goals.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Define, build and execute the strategy and mechanisms for continuous process creation, change and improvement in the CRC, that meet the pace and scale needs of the organization, and align with overall team strategy and goals
- Monitor the overall program at regular intervals to see what’s working, what’s not and make iterative changes as appropriate the keep the standard work relevant
- Build relationships with key stakeholders to build a deep understanding of CRC processes, their strategic drivers, current pain points and future needs.
- Integrate process improvements and changes into the change management and technical development processes.
- Integrate process creation with operational stakeholders to ensure successful implementation.
- Focus on critical process improvement projects and programs aligned to strategic goals.
- Validate process behavior using SOPs, policy and process flows.
- Use the voice of our customers and our frontline associates as inputs into improvement efforts and to validate successful implementation of changes.
- Own Gemba walks, Fix-it meetings, deliverable tracking and monitoring. Leads and participates in structured process improvement activities such as Kaizen events.
- Lead data collection, time studies, audits, and other data analysis as part of continuous process improvement efforts.
- Oversee a diverse team of process experts and process improvement program managers and engage in their professional development to grow process improvement and analytical skill sets across the or
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with Amazon’s policies and procedures; additional responsibilities include interviewing, training and motivating employees; planning, assigning and directing work; rewarding and developing employees; and effective conflict resolution
- Bachelor’s degree in science or math field such as engineering, statistics, etc.
- MBA or Graduate Degree
- Lean or Six-Sigma certification
- Significant exposure to HR process and practice
- Experience managing virtual or remote teams
- Experience in process redesign utilizing voice of the customer data
- Experience in contact center, shared services, continuous improvement, HR, executive relations, or related field