This role is within the Finance Office of Transformation organization and is a key member of the Process Excellence team.
The Finance Office of Transformation organization is responsible for an array of transformational services including Process Excellence, Finance Analytics, Program and Transition Management, and Global Business Services. The organization supports business units across Salesforce including but not limited to Finance, HR, IT, Legal, Security/Compliance, Contact Centers, Products, Sales, Marketing and Analytics based out of several global locations and across various languages and time zones.
The Process Excellence Manager is charged with execution of the Process Excellence Hub vision and strategy in support of strategic initiatives across Salesforce functions. The Process Excellence team works with various stakeholders at Salesforce to drive and enable business growth. In this role, the Process Excellence Manager will apply Lean, Six Sigma and program management principles to drive forward process excellence.
What you'll need to succeed
This role requires a strategic problem-solver who is an effective influencer who also has a high degree of business insight. They need to deeply understand Salesforce business and rapidly demonstrate impact and value to the organization. The ideal candidate has a combination of strategy, operations, and technology experience, and is able to thrive in a high-growth and fast-paced environment. This role will work across various initiatives requiring a broad mix of work - some more operational/later stage and some strategic/ exploratory stage.
What we look for
- Self-starter who thrives and can multitask in fast-paced and often ambiguous environments
- Creative thinker who can leverage process engineering and continuous improvement techniques to solve complex business problems
- drive process design workshops and help
- High Emotional Intelligence (EQ) and the ability to influence and build relationships with stakeholders across finance at different levels
- Experience in designing and applying operational processes optimization frameworks such as Lean Management, Six Sigma, and other process engineering tools.
- Experience in planning and execution of large/ medium end-to-end processes within finance and operations domain including Quote to Cash, Procure to Pay, and Record to Report
- Effective and mature communicator, as well as receptive listening skills, able to convey complex ideas in a clear, concise manner both verbally and in writing to various audiences.
What you'll do
- Deliver Process Excellence on high impact and visible strategic projects through continuous improvement and process engineering
- Leverage internal and external benchmarks to identify business process improvement initiatives
- Share best practices by bringing insights to business unit counterparts and positively contribute to a culture of process excellence
- Prepare and deliver executive level presentations highlighting performance of the Process Excellence team in an easy-to-understand manner.
- Develop positive relationships with key partners across the company, including engineering, product, finance.
- Run cross-functional team meetings efficiently and optimally, with the ability to connect dots and influence key decisions.
- Lead process walkthrough workshops to understand and document as-is processes and workshops to design to-be processes L1-L5.
- Partner with other Process Excellence verticals (Process Documentation, Architecture, Governance and Community Readiness) to deliver on Process Excellence project commitments.
- Support and interact with executive leadership and key partners within the business in developing business process strategies, including long-term goals and objectives, risk management, and facilitate cross-functional team collaboration
- Support the planning process across various business projects and be a trusted and critical adviser to the business's executive team and relevant partners during strategy formulation, development, and execution
Required Skills/Experience (Necessary):
- Minimum 5 years of experience in business process optimization/reengineering, applying process improvement, modeling and reengineering methodologies to conduct process optimization and improvement projects.
- Must be Certified Black Belt or Green Belt from an accredited institution
- Able to analyze information, make connections and demonstrates deep level thinking
- Proven program and/or project management track record to deliver large scale transformational projects
- Drive creative solutions with key stakeholders in a cross-functional matrix
- Strong organization, prioritization, team-work and communication skills (both written and oral) with ability to tailor message to the target audience
- University/Master’s degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, or Engineering where process design and/or technology are a focus
- Able to engage and inspire employees and project team members
- Ability to work with all levels of management
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally 10-15%+(post COVID)
Preferred Skills/Experience (Nice to Have):
- Experience in a fast-paced software industry
- 5+ years of experience working for shared services organizations, major outsourced providers or management consulting firms is preferred.
- Prior experience in H2R (Hire to Retire), P2P (Procure to Pay), O2C (Order to Cash), R2R (Record to Report) is a plus.
- Prior experience working on RPA initiatives from ideation to implementation to post production maintenance.
- Proficient in the use of Google Suite and applications
- Prior Knowledge of Salesforce and/ Tableau reporting applications (reports and dashboards).