The Process Improvement Analyst will develop and utilize a holistic understanding of the Service process environment to make informed recommendations across New York Life’s Service Centers and General Offices. The Analyst will be assigned to specific business initiatives occurring across the organization to evaluate and facilitate business decision-making around solutions to evolving business needs, rationalizing the time/cost/quality requirements of NYL's customers, Agents, and employees. In addition, Analysts will participate in new architecture mapping exercises, conduct improvement project meetings, participate in Kaizen events to help drive meaningful process improvements, and lead operational readiness activities for initiatives that are more complex or larger in scope. Through successful delivery and effective communication, the Process Improvement Analyst will serve as a change agent for the organization, driving awareness and adoption of pilot design and continuous improvement best practices.
- Gain understanding of Service processes at both a strategic and a detailed level
- Use Six Sigma standards to lead process improvement efforts across the organization - to include both Customer Service and Field Services
- Lead process mapping sessions to add to the team's comprehensive process inventory
- Assess process impacts for both technology and business projects; lead analysis on identifying impacts and drive changes to the organization
- Teach basic Business Process Management principles to representatives in the organization
- Mentor individuals as they learn Business Process Management skills
- Help drive understanding and acceptance of continuous improvement by supporting the creation of the new Continuous Improvement Center of Excellence
- Design and direct the execution of pilot initiatives, expanding organizational awareness of thoughtful and rigorous program structure while ensuring achievement of learning objectives
- Bachelor’s degree – Business Management or similar preferred
- Demonstrated experience with and knowledge of Six Sigma methodology & tools required
- 5+ years of project delivery, process analysis, change management or systems dynamics for operations; insurance industry a plus
- Proficient in the use of intermediate to advanced Excel, Visio & PowerPoint
- Capable of managing competing priorities, deadlines, & deliverables to ensure results are value-add
Please note: This role requires FINRA licensed and/or FINRA Associated Person pre-hire fingerprinting.