Work Site (city, state): Westbrook Operations, Westbrook, Maine Entry requirements: ¨ 4 year degree in Engineering
¨ 8-10 years of business experience in a pulp and paper industry
¨ LSS Green Belt certified, preferred
Lead complex, high-value projects focused on reducing variable and fixed costs with project work interfacing with internal and external customers and suppliers. Provide training to all levels of the Sappi organization to facilitate major change. Coach, mentor, and train Green Belts and process improvement teams, and demonstrate mastery of a wide range of Process Improvement/Lean Six Sigma tools. Provide technical and process engineering support wherever needed in the operation. Support ISO certifications as member of mill Integrated Management Team.
- Complete a minimum of 4-6 complex CI projects in a Fiscal Year, with an average cycle time of 5 months, and track project details in project tracking systems while adhering to project timelines and achieving a minimum of $1.0M savings with Green Belt support. Continually influence without authority to change the status quo and implement improvements.
- Train, mentor, and coach Green Belts and teams, from project prioritization and selection to project completion and sustainment. Help with change management during execution phase.
- Build partnerships within Westbrook and support manufacturing in daily or firefighting activity needs. Provide organizational continuous improvement leadership including, but not limited to, opportunity identification sessions, productivity reviews, and pipeline management. Conduct monthly productivity reviews at MLT level with project presentations and regular LSS updates.
- Provide specific training or tool execution for functional areas at request of leadership in all areas of Process/Continuous Improvement.
- Champion expanded use of BrainCube through assembling PI/Proficy tag lists for upload, developing dashboards and recipes, performing analyses, and training personnel.
- Acquire and apply RapidMiner skills to perform analyses to troubleshoot problems, determine root causes, and identify continuous improvement opportunities.
- Perform audits and observations, troubleshoot manufacturing issues, support major projects and initiatives, handle miscellaneous tasks and duties, and cover for absent salaried team members as needed.
- Lead annual IMS audits, participate in audit review, and report results. Respond to audit nonconformances as assigned. Complete annual document reviews as assigned. Contribute to annual Management Review presentation. Train personnel as needed. Provide SharePoint administrative assistance as needed.
- Provide administration for mill intranet SharePoint site [email protected]
- Self-starter who can work on own initiative with minimal supervision
- Effective communicator at all levels of the organization, especially senior leadership
- Ability to lead senior teams to identify major change opportunities
- Ability to influence and lead teams, effectively able to work at multiple levels within the organization
- Ability to influence strategy and major change utilizing change leadership tools and skill sets
- Ability to use the full range of LSS tools as the situation requires
- Ability to lead, teach, train, coach, and mentor employees in Lean and Six Sigma concepts, ideas, implementation, and follow up
- Ability to lead, train, mentor, and work in a team
About Sappi North America, Inc.
Sappi North America, Inc., headquartered in Boston, is a market leader in converting wood fiber into superior products that customers demand worldwide. The success of our four diversified businesses – high-quality Coated Printing Papers, Pulp, Packaging and Specialty Papers and Casting and Release Papers – is driven by strong customer relationships, best-in-class people and advantaged assets, products and services. Our high-quality Graphic Papers, including McCoy, Opus, Somerset, and Flo, are the key platform for premium magazines, catalogs, books, direct mail and high-end print advertising. We are a leading manufacturer of Dissolving Pulp with our Verve brand, a sustainable fiber, which is used in a wide range of products, including textile fibers and household goods. We deliver sustainable Packaging and Specialty Papers for luxury packaging and folding carton applications with our single-ply packaging brands, Spectro and Proto, and for the food and label industries with our specialty papers, LusterPrint and LusterCote. We are also one of the world's leading suppliers of Casting and Release Papers with our Ultracast, PolyEx and Classics lines for the automotive, fashion and engineered films industries. Customers rely on Sappi for high technical, operational and market expertise; products and services delivered with consistently high quality and reliability; and, state-of-the-art and cost-competitive assets and innovative spirit.
Sappi North America is a subsidiary of Sappi Limited (JSE), a global company headquartered in Johannesburg, South Africa, with more than 12,000 employees and manufacturing operations on three continents in seven countries and customers in over 150 countries.
To apply, please go online to https://www.sappi.com/careers-sappi-north-america