The Process Improvement Lead analyzes, and measures the effectiveness of existing business processes and develops sustainable, repeatable and quantifiable business process improvements. The Process Improvement Lead works on problems of diverse scope and complexity ranging from moderate to substantial.
This role within the Care Management Support and Optimization (CMSO) Team, will work closely with Care Management leaders and SMEs in the areas of Case Management, Disease Management, and Care Management Support as well as other key partners in leading and delivering on initiatives and process capabilities that enable improved effectiveness, efficiency and experiences (beneficiary, provider, and associate). The Lead defines improvement projects aligned with business strategies and Medical Management priorities. The successful candidate will identify, advise, lead and facilitate process improvement opportunities.
The Process Improvement Lead researches best business practices within and outside the organization to establish benchmark data. Collects and analyzes process data to initiate, develop and recommend business practices and procedures that focus on enhanced program quality, increased productivity and reduced cost. Lead efforts to design innovative and strategic business processes to create a sustainable competitive advantage and deliver administrative efficiencies as well as use independent judgment on analysis of variable factors allowing for determination of a course of action. Determines how new information technologies can support re-engineering business processes. May specialize in one or more of the following areas: benchmarking, business process analysis and re-engineering, change management and measurement, and/or process-driven systems requirements. Advises leadership to develop functional strategies on matters of significance. Exercises independent judgment and decision making on complex issues regarding job duties and related tasks, and works under minimal supervision, uses independent judgment requiring analysis of variable factors and determining the best course of action. Provide project and program coordination to guide the implementation of new processes and process modifications The Process Improvement Lead understands requirements in the broadest context of business problems and opportunities, and recommends solutions to enable innovative delivery of HGB’s value proposition.
- Contributes to the identification of projects and business opportunities that foster innovation and meet strategic objectives through proactive process review and researching industry/competitive trends
- Leads the design of innovative business processes, creating sustainable competitive advantage and administrative efficiencies.
- Interfaces with all areas and levels of leadership within the organization teams to advise and provide oversight of projects, key insights, and ensure project milestones and deliverables are implemented in a timely manner Develops and manages detailed project documentation for care management projects of various scopes and scales.
- Partners with leadership and other team members to create innovative offerings for our government customers.
- Chairs care management use group and facilitates meetings with leadership to review project pipeline, progress, and ensure project portfolio is delivering the desired business outcomes.
- Our Department of Defense contract requires U.S. Citizenship
- Successfully receive interim approval for government security clearance (eQIP - Electronic Questionnaire for Investigation Processing)
- Bachelor's degree
- 5 or more years of consulting and/or process improvement experience
- 3 or more years of project leadership experience
- Strong business acumen balanced with analytical skills in order to see the big picture and draw out insights and observations
- Demonstrated ability to effectively interact with and influence all levels of the organization, including senior/executive level leadership
- Problem solver with a proven ability to lead in a fast paced, highly complex organization
- Proactive and high level of accountability / ownership
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint)
- Ability to design highly creative and innovative approaches to problems
- Demonstrated ability to effectively lead through change
- Excellent interpersonal, organization, communication and presentation skills
- Must be passionate about contributing to an organization focused on continuously improving consumer experiences
- Master's degree
- PMP, CBAP, or CCP Certification
- Lean / Six Sigma Certification