Valex is looking for a Process Improvement (Lean) Specialist to join our Quality / Operational Excellence Department. You will be responsible for executing lean process improvement initiatives that will impact Safety, Quality, Cost, and Delivery. Through your expertise, you will provide training and direction for improvement activities to support our business goals and objectives. You will work closely with management and others to identify, recommend, develop, implement, and support cost-effective operational/business solutions for all aspects or our manufacturing operation.
- Ensure Valex operates under Operational Excellence (OPEX) guidelines as defined by management,
- Employ Lean Manufacturing techniques and champion the continuous improvement (CI) culture,
- Run the CI program, and execute improvement projects identified by management,
- Assist in identifying facility gaps and forming strategic plans to address such,
- Train and lead employees on problem solving skills and promote the use of problem-solving tools within the plant functional areas and become a subject matter expert,
- Participate in GEMBA walks and drive CI culture across the operation,
- Establish standardized work and audit schedule for sustainability,
- Analyze and develop reports relating to OPEX status and future plans showing goals and vision,
- Analyze data and/or reports to find opportunities within KPI reporting structure,
- Facilitate small group meetings to brainstorm, gather information, or solidify action plans which support ongoing CI activities,
- Embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds and practice census leadership when possible,
- Communicate Lean CI vision to plant/functional leaders and implement Lean CI strategy a the plant/functional level,
- Collaborate with our International operations on CI efforts.
- Bachelor's Degree in applicable field,
- Six Sigma Green Belt from ASQ or Villanova preferred,
- 2+ years experience in a manufacturing environment with responsibility for Lean, Six Sigma, or Operational Excellence.