If you're passionate about delivering process innovation and continuous improvement this may be the role you've been waiting for. You will lead, facilitate, and manage cross-functional, Six Sigma process improvement initiatives and drive projects to deliver tangible customer experience improvements and associated financial results. This position plays a key strategic role within the enterprise in leading process improvements to achieve business results. This position exists to quantify waste and customer pain points to improve business processes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Leads continuous improvement business processes, quality, and operational effectiveness by identifying problems, defining the problem statement clearly, and accurately applying a structured and disciplined methodology (Six Sigma) to identify data-driven root causes.
- Leads and performs analyses that involve the application of advanced continuous improvement principles and practices, including reviewing the flow of information, analyzing quantitative and qualitative data, preparing findings, and developing recommendations and conclusions.
- Designs efficient business processes to improve the customer experience, increase organizational efficiency and eliminate nonvalue add activities/waste elimination.
- Conducts required fact gathering and intensive quantitative and qualitative data analysis of customer data to document, quantify, and specify cross-functional and process re-engineering efforts.
- Conducts studies of operations, workflow processes and develops the most cost efficient or productive way for processes; focuses on improving productivity or work methods reducing costs and improving risk management and control (Value Stream Mapping, financial waterfall analysis, and BAPs).
- Performs continuous reviews of a process or system to align processes (e.g., models, goals, expectations) with changing business conditions and new products and service offerings.
- Drives adoption of the required processes. Oversees the direction and coordination of business change activities associated with process improvements and system changes to ensure smooth transactions for business unit managers and consistency across the enterprise.
Provides documentation, training, and support for all continuous improvement initiatives.
- Serves as a process subject matter expert and prepares documentation, such as procedural and training manuals, for colleagues to foster knowledge transfer.
- Simulates different scenarios, analyzes performance metrics, and uses advanced optimization techniques to help show affected staff how to identify and solve process challenges.
- Collaborates with training and employee communications for successful implementation of process.
- Serves as a catalyst to identify and recommend improved performance through capacity planning, resource allocation, work simplification, staff scheduling, service level management, revenue enhancement, organizational design, consolidation, performance measurement systems, training, strategic planning, productivity improvement, and expense control.
- Provides training, guidance, mentorship, and leadership to ensure consistency of approach and quality control for all continuous improvement initiatives.
- Develops and implements management planning and control systems to enhance managerial effectiveness by providing objective, qualitative, and quantitative performance indices.
- Supports existing business process mapping efforts through, workshops, quantification of customer experience requirements and service blueprinting.
- Facilitates process mapping workshops to identify internal supplier and customer touchpoints, address key pain points and create a future state storyboard.
- Designs and implements a (Continuous Improvement) CI certification training program.
Establishes stakeholder relationships and partners with business owners to optimize the achievement of strategic business objectives.
- Communicates system requirements between business areas that use a specific process or system and those who provide technology support for the system.
- Provides support to Champions on project selection, scoping, defining, and reviewing to ensure alignment with business vision and strategy.
- Provides direct feedback to key stakeholders regarding project performance and development opportunities.
- Promotes culture change by sharing best practices for introducing, driving, and sustaining Six Sigma initiatives.
- Oversees the delivery of continuous improvement performance targets (using DMAIC, Basic Root Cause Analysis – 5 Why’s and Fishbone, Process Mapping and/or Break Down Analysis).
- Works with Business Intelligence to develop specific process performance reports for transformed processes and shows progress relative to the current state.
Develops and analyzes process measures and uses insights to inform needed improvements and changes and monitors results with a customer first mindset.
- Acts as change agent to foster a customer centric quality culture throughout the organization and drive measurable business process improvements.
- Develops plans for transitioning completed and deployed solutions to accountable owners.
- Assists Champions, business, and process owners with the identification, scoping and financial justification of projects that align with the business strategic plan. This includes internal and external customer experiences, capacity creation, reduced process errors, and improved cycle times.
- Researches best business practices within and outside the organization to establish benchmark data.
- Analyzes and measures the effectiveness of existing business processes and develops sustainable, repeatable, and quantifiable business process improvements. Effectiveness is measured by the customer, team member and bottom-line impact. Measures and tracks the results of the managed projects over time to document the contribution of the Customer Experience (CX) function.
This role does not have supervisory responsibilities.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s Degree required with a major or emphasis in Business, Accounting, Engineering or related field. MBA or other advanced degree preferred or equivalent work experience.
Minimum 10 years of experience in managing and implementing process improvement efforts required. Experience in Statistics, Mathematics, Industrial Engineering, Operations Research, Management Science, Economics, or related field.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Six Sigma Black Belt Certification required for a minimum of 6 years. Master Black Belt preferred.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
Demonstrated project management skills and ability to work multiple projects simultaneously. Demonstrated ability to learn quickly and understand complex operations and processes. Experience using either JMP or Minitab, SAS, SPSS, R, etc. Experience leading waterfall analysis projects, RTP calculations and DOEs. Knowledge of analytical problem-solving tools including Statistical Hypothesis testing, Optimization heuristics, DMAIC, Six Sigma, Simulation, and Queueing Analysis. Strong financial acumen with ability to create financial models used to support project selection and determine net project value to the P&L. Ability to take ownership and drive change through to completion as the lead of a project team. Ability to enable creativity through the Theory of Inventive Problem Solving. Ability to work with a sense of urgency to achieve results. Strong ability to influence without authority. Strong interpersonal and communication skills. Excellent verbal, written and presentation abilities to all levels of the organization. Ability to work with a high level of independence with strong collaboration and relationship management skills. In-depth knowledge of transformation acceleration tools (facilitation and change management). Strong focus on Continuous Improvement and ability to make others successful. Ability to Inform, influence, negotiate and persuade internal/external stakeholders. Deep understanding of processes including documenting process requirements and evaluating risks. Ability to assimilate many inputs (requirements, data, user feedback, priorities, learnings, etc.) to provide educated decisions. Extremely detail oriented and precise in performing all job functions without rush to judgement.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is regularly required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. The worker is required to have visual acuity and be capable of operating and viewing computers and other electronic devices for extended periods of time.
This position maps to Individual Contributor Level. Additional competencies required: None.