The Enterprise Process Solutions Group (EPSG) is an MUFG team of process engineering and project execution professionals who operate within the Chief Executive Officer’s (CEO’s) Operational Effectiveness Office (OEO) organization. EPSG offers process engineering and implementation support services to business, risk, compliance and corporate functions across the bank. EPSG’s services include business analysis, strategic planning, process and risk control improvement, issue remediation and regulatory reporting, organizational and delivery channel design, program management and Lean Six Sigma training and certification. EPSG operates a shared-services model and works with its business partners on short-, medium- and long-term project assignments that align to regulatory imperatives and other strategic priorities. This role will be specifically aligned to Operations and Technology organization
- Lead the analysis of business problems leveraging Lean Six Sigma methods to clearly define current state and recommend opportunities to improve customer satisfaction; drive out waste; improve the effectiveness and efficiency of processes; efficiently integrate redundant processes; and to improve the overall process.
- Lead discussions and influence senior leaders on recommendations for process improvement, lessons learned, program enhancements, and strategic alignment with business plans or other programs.
- Review engagement deliverables of assigned analyst and staff resources to ensure accuracy and quality. Takes personal responsibility for a successful engagement and makes staffing adjustments where necessary.
- Lead the resolution of issues, risks and dependencies, proactively identifying potential planning gaps, suggesting mitigations to risks, actions to close issues or complete open items
- Lead discussions/presentations at all levels of the organization and provide regular updates to senior management on the strategic approach and execution status of large cross-functional programs
- Will be aligned to Operations and Technology business partners, senior leaders and SMEs and be responsible for managing multiple, large, cross-functional priorities
- Manage direct reports. Staff management responsibilities would include performance management, salary increases, interviewing and hiring decisions, coaching, discipline, and termination of employment decisions.
- Bachelor’s degree or at least 20 years professional work experience, with at least 5-10 years directly leading an enterprise-wide transformation / re-engineering initiative in the financial services industry
- Technical Experience with proven track record of outcomes and execution
- Knowledge of Agile and project management helpful
- Six Sigma Black Belt certification required (Minimum Black Belt)
Additional Requirements / Competencies
- Exceptional leadership skills
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office Suite applications (strong Visio preferred)
- Advanced understanding o Lean Six Sigma method, tools and templates
- Experience with strategy development and strategic planning tied to a major strategic transformation initiative and a strong track record of achieving all business goals: achieving business goals while delivering results on time and on budget and while managing execution and operational risk
- Extensive experience leading a enterprise-wide organizational restructuring, organizational transformation and/or re-engineering initiative.
- Extensive experience in influencing cross-functional leaders in a large organization, some of whom may have different priorities and goals
- Ability to lead small to medium size teams
- Ability to quickly establish rapport, credibility, trust, and respect throughout the organization at all levels, and be viewed as a team player.
- Ability to lead through influence and garner support from and for cross functional teams.
- Excellent verbal and written skills, including the ability to communicate complex issues and ideas and communicate effectively within all levels of the organization within and outside of Finance
- Ability to organize and conduct effective meetings appropriate for the topic, and facilitate resolution of differing views