Organizes, coordinates and plans activities of production departments in the manufacturing of plastic container products. Performs initial setups and start up on tools and equipment. Acts as liaison with maintenance, quality assurance and production personnel.
- Observes and records production operations
- Review operational schedules and coordinates manufacturing activities to ensure minimum costs and prevents operational delays. ie: SMED development, ergonomics, LDR improvement.
- Inspects machines and equipment to ensure specific operational performance and optimum utilization
- Seeks methods to improve standard operational and working practices
- Observes workers, molding machinery and conveyors to ensure compliance with safety standards and operating efficiency
- Coordinates with mold set technician, department supervisors and production personnel for parts, tooling, equipment and machinery
- Performs preventative maintenance on tooling and equipment as directed
- Works with the machine attendants and supervisors in training of personnel
- Follows all safety rules and procedures
- A minimum of a High School diploma. Bachelors degree in manufacturing, engineering or related area and at least one year's work experience preferred.
- Lean Six Sigma or Kaizen experience/certification a plus
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Good Mathematical and organizational skills
- Working knowledge of OSHA standards and GMP's
- Good interpersonal skills
- Experience and demonstrated knowledge of trouble shooting skills, preferably in injection and blow molding processes
- Ability to work for up to 12 hours at a time on Day shift or Night shift