In this role, you will implement and maintain the Quality System for the lithoplate products for which they are responsible. You will also provide up-to-date and accurate specifications, test methods, and procedures for all product quality tests. They monitor product performance and consistency and lead and/or assist Production and Engineering in correcting out-of-control situations. The Product Engineer analyzes product performance data and identifies methods to improve the quality and consistency of their products.
The Product Quality Engineer will develop a solid understanding of their products and customer applications and lead the manufacturing investigation into any customer complaints. During these investigations they will work closely with Plate Application Specialists, Sales, and Customers to resolve the issue. Continuous Improvement projects are an important aspect of the Product Engineer’s responsibilities. These projects could cover product enhancements, raw material changes, new test methods and equipment, certification of new processes, or commercialization of new products. The Product Engineer, as part of the larger manufacturing team, will search out improvement opportunities in product quality as well as yield, efficiency and cost.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering or Physical Sciences (Chemistry/Chemical Engineering preferred), or equivalent professional experience.
- Strong statistical and analytical skills; Six Sigma Black Belt or Green Belt preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Highly motivated with a desire to work and succeed in a challenging 24/7 production environment.
- Willingness to provide production support during off-hours and limited on-call weekends.
- Prior experience in manufacturing Quality Assurance is preferred. ASQ CQE certification preferred.
- Prior experience in manufacturing, development, or technical support of lithoplates is preferred.
- Supervisory experience preferred.