Responsible for establishing and coordinating the production schedule on the production floor, ensuring customer projects are completed on schedule.
Assist in organizing production workflow to ensure efficiency of project completion to meet specifications and on-time delivery.
Update the notes for work orders proactively on job commitments.
Schedules jobs according to due date, complexity of parts, etc. and adjusts schedules and necessary due to changes in customer or company needs.
Review all new jobs that come in, review drawing specs, material requirements (i.e. lead time and impact to lead time) and Bill of Materials (BOM) to ensure that enough lead time has been allocated.
Accurately balance production loads for the manufacturing departments to meet deadlines for completion of orders.
Work with order intake, engineering, design and manufacturing teams to scheduling for multiple projects
Completes production plan by scheduling and assigning personnel; accomplishing work results; establishing priorities; monitoring progress; revising schedules; resolving issues; reporting results of the processing flow on shift production summaries.
Works cohesively with other process areas to ensure jobs are completed correctly and on time.
Communicates with section leads on progress (or lack thereof) on assigned jobs.
Plan and manage jobs on the floor based on priority.
Control project progress to meet objectives by determining cause of deviations and taking corrective actions.
Monitor and maintain materials inventory continually to ensure no production delays.
Monitor material movement in production cycles to ensure continuous operation.
Reviews and/or initiates purchase requisitions for materials and supplies as needed to support production demands.
Communicate with Customer Service of issues and delays proactively.
Work with Purchasing to control inventory to avoid shortages and excess in material and/or outside processing.
Communicates with department leads and supervisors on progress (or lack thereof) on assigned jobs, urgent jobs and expedites.
Ensures all employees follow industry standard health and safety guidelines.
Commitment to all safety policies and regulations at all times.
Identify and report to supervisors changes to improve production efficiency.
Individual is expected to continually contribute innovative ways of improving department processes in order to increase the quality and efficiency of their job.
Reports (verbally or written) the status and priorities of production workload on a daily basis to Production Manager and other company leaders.
Support production floor teams as needed on a daily basis and notify senior management immediately of any delays/issues.
Identifies, evaluates and reports known or potential risk inherent to the departments responsible processes, products, procedures, people, infrastructure, and/or environment that may have a negative or positive influence on meeting company goals and customer expectations.
Other duties may be assigned.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in manufacturing operations or Bachelor’s degree of any type with 6 months of manufacturing experience.
- Knowledge of Six Sigma and/or Lean Manufacturing techniques; certification is a plus.
- Must work well under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Must maintain confidentiality of work-related information and materials
- Experience in data analysis is preferred.
- Track record of success in complex, custom manufacturing environment.
- Ability to build a stable high-performing team.
- Monitor and follow up with all leader and all employees in production to work in schedule.
SKILLS / ABILITIES:
- Computer skills required.
- Keen eye for detail and excellent time management abilities.
- Able to read and understand engineering drawings/blueprints.
- Excellent math and written/verbal communication skills.
- Excellent reading comprehension skills.
- Good active listening skills.
- Must have good problem solving skills.
- Ability to read and write complex spreadsheets.
- Knowledge of safety measures pertinent to each job assignment.
- Must establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to work in a diverse environment and be sensitive to issues of diversity and inclusion.
- While performing duties of this job, the employees is regularly required to stand and walk; use hands, and fingers to handle or feel; reach with hand and arms; and talk to hear.
• The employee is occasionally required to lift and climb balancing. • Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. • Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. 7. WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) or protective gear on a daily basis.
- Occasionally exposed to risk OD electrical shock.
- Exposed to moving mechanical parts, humid condition, fumes or airborne particles, flying metal burrs and chips and possible chemical irritants such as water-based coolants, hydraulic oils, degreasing soap and mineral spirit.
- Occasionally exposed to uncomfortable cold or heat.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud
- Exposed to hazardous equipment on a weekly basis.