Execution Operations (XOPS) has a need for a 1st shift Production Supervisor. This position has overall responsibility for the Cables operations team consisting of 20-25 employees. This individual will lead a team of people in a fast paced and dynamic environment to meet contractual quality, cost, and delivery requirements by planning, organizing, and directing the flow of work. This individual will also be responsible for a safe work environment and will lead and engage in safety improvement projects.
This role requires daily interaction with manufacturing engineering, maintenance, production control, finance and the program management office.
Achieving/exceeding cost, quality, delivery, safety goals and identifying and implementing continuous improvement opportunities using six sigma and lean methodologies are critical performance criteria for this position.
Responsibilities to Anticipate:
- Execution of schedule and cost based on internal customer needs
- Workforce planning and forecasting
- Deployment and monitoring of resources for successful completion of tasks
- Employee hiring and training
- Time and attendance tracking
- Predictive and preventative theory/methods
- Capital identification and control of overhead expenses
- Ensuring the enforcement of company policies and procedures
This position can be a Salary Grade G08 or Salary Grade G09 based on the candidate's qualifications as they relate to the skills, experience and responsibility requirements for the position.
Qualifications You Must Have:
- BS/BA in Operations/Manufacturing, Business, Engineering or any major related field or equivalent education and work experience
- 4 plus years of work experience in production / manufacturing / operations or similar environments
- Previous leadership and management experience in manufacturing or similar environments.
- Experience with Lean manufacturing and/or Six Sigma or other similar process improvement methodologies
- The ability to obtain and maintain a US security clearance. U.S. citizenship is required as only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
Qualifications We Value:
- Experience working in and/or supporting a cable harness or electrical assembly organization
- Experience assigning, managing and measuring work assignments to completion
- Experience utilizing lean manufacturing concepts with a proven track record of lean / six sigma implementation projects
- Basic knowledge/understanding of theory of constraints*
- Previous experience supervising bargaining unit employees
- Manufacturing or Industrial Engineering experience in the aerospace/defense industry
- Excellent communication (written and verbal)
- Solid people management and interpersonal skills; uses good judgment to resolve conflict
- Experience leading in a team-based manufacturing environment with minimal supervision
- Customer focused
- Metrics driven and success oriented
- Experience working with Microsoft Office Tools (Excel, PowerPoint, Project, and Access) and/or SAP