The Continuous Improvement Manager serves as a change leader responsible the delivery of process innovation and continuous improvement across multiple facilities. This role will successfully leverage Lean Six Sigma methodology and related tools to analyze end-to-end processes; develop strategies; lead, mentor and monitor key cross-functional projects with measurable and sustainable results. This role directly partners with senior leadership, key stakeholders and subject matter experts to deliver business transformation while fostering a culture of continuous improvement.
- Lead, Coach and Drive Results: Analyze operations to identify, quantify and prioritize actionable areas of step change improvements. Develop business cases (problem definition, establishing baselines, KPIs and financial impacts, etc.) for potential projects. Engage cross-functional teams ensuring alignment and support for projects and related improvements. Leads and supports broader national and regional projects to ensure standardization and sharing of best practices across locations and C&S. Facilitate process improvement activities, training and mentorship. Accountable for driving projects and achieving sustainable results. Propagate continuous improvement methodology, tools and mindset across C&S.
- Relationship Building: Engage with senior leadership and key stakeholders to assess performance challenges and business needs supporting the long term improvement of KPI's. Partner with operations leaders to improve processes that result in improved customer experiences. Coach operations leaders to improve processes that result in improved customer experiences. Develop, communicate and present results tailored to the level needed. Coordinate with Finance Ops to ensure financial savings models are vetted, clear, concise and detailed.
- Monitor and Mentor: Align on appropriate measures to actively monitor project risks and actual business impact. Champion the development of Lean Six Sigma capability across all levels at C&S. Facilitate training to grow a culture of continuous improvement. Support the development of Lean Six Sigma capability across all levels in the organization. Provide training, as appropriate, to operations staff in the use of Lean Six Sigma methodologies and tools. Participate in facility business reviews, providing insight and feedback on how locations can evolve to drive further performance improvements. Be innovative and teach the organization to think differently by challenging the status quo and celebrate great results
- Travel Required: Yes
- Office : Office Temperature (65F to 75F)
- Warehouse : Perishable Warehouse (28F to 60F)
- Warehouse : Grocery Warehouse (50F to 90F)
- Warehouse : Freezer (-20F to 0F)
- Specialized Knowledge : Lean Six Sigma methodologies and tools demonstrated through 5-10 completed projects. Ability to teach, train and mentor LSS concepts.
- Special Skills : Experience in applying systemic analytical methods to improve processes
- Physical abilities: :
- Other: : Experience within CPG, Supply Chain, Transportation and Warehouse Operations strongly desired.
- Industrial Engineering : Experience in engineered labor standards and labor management systems strongly desired.
Years Of Experience
- 5-7 : Proven track record of accomplishments of continuous improvement projects and team leadership with demonstrated benefits