The Finance Innovation and Transformation (FIT) team is part of the Corporate Controller's group (CCG) and is comprised of integrated competency centers that help drive value realization. FIT helps finance leaders transform the finance function by moving away from traditional, highly manual transactional processes in a backward-looking function to a predictive and proactive mindset powered by intelligent insights and automation. FIT includes the following competency centers: Project Management Office, Product Management, Business Process Outsourcing, Process Optimization, Data Analytics, and Automation COE. FIT serves the Controller's group as the digital hub and works cross-functionally with business partners in Finance and through-out Home Depot to support the company's strategic objectives.
This position will reside in the FIT Process Optimization Excellence center. The role is responsible for leading projects to capture existing business processes, identify opportunities for improvement, propose improvements, and gain leadership alignment. The individual in this position will perform process analysis deep dives to evaluate enhancement and automation opportunities. Metrics and knowledge of current and emerging technologies are required to eliminate waste and variability within the process, capture customer business requirements, translate those requirements into functional specifications, and provide implementation support for recommendations. Additionally, this individual must build trust and maintain cross-functional relationships by being well-informed of business initiatives, system implementations, and organizational changes while collaborating with leadership to drive change management.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Collaborate with stakeholders, business partners, colleagues, developers, and business analysts to deliver high-quality analytics solutions
- Implement process changes by working closely with end users to ensure process sustainability
- Identify & coordinate with appropriate business stakeholders for the defined projects and processes
- Drive LEAN through the process to eliminate non-value-added steps with appropriate stakeholders & end users
- Perform root cause analysis to identify process and system gaps
NATURE AND SCOPE
Reports to Manager of Accounting. This role has no direct reports.
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Environment: Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Must be eighteen years of age or older.
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor's degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 4 years
Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions, there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Bachelor's degree in Analytics, Finance, or Information Systems or related field is preferred
- Three to five years of relevant work experience in accounting and/or business analysis
- Diverse work experience, including:
- Business process re-engineering, standardization, and continuous improvement
- Navigating organizational structures and building credibility with internal clients/stakeholders
- Managing complexities of competing priorities and program inter-dependencies
- Implementing financial processes and systems with an ability to discriminate between symptoms and root causes
- Certifications - Lean Six Sigma or Certified Public Accountant
- Experience with Nintex Promapp
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Ability to establish and maintain strong relationships with key business partners and stakeholders
- Ability to communicate and synthesize technical and business information to technical and non-technical individual stakeholders
- Good documentation and knowledge transfer practices
- Strong analytical, problem solving and troubleshooting capabilities
- Strong planning & project management skills, including multi-tasking, work prioritization, meeting deadlines, and operating well under pressure.
- Embraces change and adjusts quickly to altering work demands
- Eager to understand new technology and leverage to optimize processes (Note: SAP S4 Hana, Blackline, and Workday experience is preferred)