The Project Manager will provide leadership and management for strategic projects that will immediately impact our productivity, streamline strategic initiatives and support the development of long-term programmatic development tied to the Barton Health strategic plan. The position will oversee a portfolio of complex projects while communicating objectives between departments to ensure continuity and interdepartmental collaboration.
The position will utilize a standardized set of project management processes, tools and best practices while managing a portfolio of projects in a coordinated way to ensure alignment with organizational strategies and to ensure the realization of prioritized and quantitative benefits. The Manager will identify key stakeholder project objectives and requirements, and provide tactical leadership on projects ensuring assigned individuals are executing the identified and assigned tasks and providing appropriate tracking and reporting per plan. The position will direct all phases of projects demonstrating proficiency in project management areas in accordance with accepted project management standards in the industry. He/she will provide in-depth analysis of projects culminating with lessons learned for incorporation into future project plans.
The manager will have demonstrated the ability to build positive working relationships with customers (internal and external) and key stakeholders and possess strong project management capabilities. A key success factor for this position is in understanding current processes in the Ambulatory division to then identify improvements and coordinate organizational procedures as a member of the operations team, for optimized efficiency and productivity.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Information Systems, Healthcare Administration, Project Management, or equivalent experience required.
- At least two years of leading and directing projects, utilizing project management principles, documentation, and delegation.
- At least two years of managing teams
- Experience in developing simple, efficient processes for a set of complex activities
- Knowledge and use of project management tools and software
- Proven experience organizing and directing multiple teams and departments
- Excellent communicator in written and verbal form
- Extremely versatile, dedicated to efficient productivity
- Experience planning and leading strategic initiatives
- Experience in facilitating large change throughout an organization
- Strong influencing and leadership skills essential
- Proven results and driven track record
- Excellent team building and communication skills
- Project Management experience, leading teams in cross-functional organizations
- Able to collaborate effectively at all levels of the organization
- Experience with budget management
- Proven success in a project coordination role
- Nimble business mind with a focus on developing creative solutions
- Strong project reporting skills, with a focus on interdepartmental communication
- Experience in continuous improvement including DMAIC and Lean Six Sigma processes
- Excellent presentation skills including extensive knowledge of Microsoft PowerPoint and/or Google Slides
- Excellent data analysis skills including extensive knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Experience using MS Project and/or other project management software
- Able to identify most effective and appropriate PM methodology(ies) based on project scope and complexity
- Able to function, and successfully manage, in a demanding and stressful environment
- Able to complete successful projects that are on schedule, on budget and receive high satisfaction results
- Able to identify and resolve issues
- Able to prioritize work, and shift priorities as needed to meet aggressive deadlines and milestones
- Able to negotiate and manage conflict, and manage stakeholder concerns that cause disappointment, dissatisfaction, or frustration for the stakeholder and team members
- Project Management Professional Certification (PMP) within 6 months of appointment
- Lean Six Sigma Black Belt certification within 18 months of appointment
- Membership in a project management professional association
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk, stand, sit, and talk or hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Normal office environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate while in the office.
- Occasional travel to various health system locations.
- Provides project management services to projects as assigned.
- Serves as project-portfolio manager collecting and distributing data for reviewing, assessing, and managing projects to ensure that expected contributions to the portfolio and intended business benefits are met.
- Develops project plans and deliverables, directs all project phases and acts as primary contact to project stakeholders; Participates in or develops mechanisms for establishing, monitoring and integrating project elements, and communications concerning change management processes and decisions; Performs project management activities in accordance with accepted project management standards in industry.
- Actively leads project planning and design activities for high value, complex projects in a way which improves clarity of purpose, ownership, and understand of key interdependencies between key projects and subprojects, improving the probability of successful and timely deployment.
- Prepares for and leads required engagements with Executive Sponsors; acts as key interface between stakeholders to help facilitate team building, improved communication and continued project success.
- Ensures effective and timely communication throughout the project lifecycle with the project team, Executive Sponsors, and stakeholders. This includes developing, documenting and maintaining appropriate project plans, schedules progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation, and presentations.
- Establishes and improves the communication with and between stakeholders in a way that increases engagement and understanding of key project decisions, improving leadership confidence in ability to deliver per plan.
- Facilitates effective meeting design and execution to improve overall project communications and performance.
- Provides project status according to appropriate/required cadence.
- Identifies and tracks project risks using project management tools and techniques and develops alternative plans for project completion.
- Proactively identifies project scope changes, risks, dependencies and constraints; develops and executes mitigation plans and adjusts project plans, schedules, budgets and resources appropriately.
- Discusses project objectives and deliverables with the project team to obtain understanding and acceptance of work assignments.
- Engages and collaborates in order to align and comply with the overall best practices and tools and that appropriate project visibility is maintained and exchanged.
- Measures project performance against cost, schedule, scope, and quality baselines while applying industry best practices and lessons learned.
- Facilitates decision making and escalation of risks, issues, and changes to project/program scope, budget, and schedule.
- Presents project status to identified project stakeholders to keep them informed of progress and changes to the project.
- Develops and maintains positive working relationships with administrative, clinical leadership and all stakeholders on the project(s).
- Supports management team with development and organization of materials for senior leadership level presentations and coordinates agenda development and building of the final decks.
- Performs other activities related to departmental duties as assigned or requested.