The Project Manager is responsible for identifying and coordinating process improvement initiatives within Aspire as well as effectively executing and successfully delivering on assigned projects. The role is responsible for identifying, planning and implementing key process improvements and new initiatives aimed at improving quality, reducing cost and waste, increasing efficiencies, and lessening the burden to employees. Results should include significant business improvements, in addition to measurable increases in customer and provider satisfaction. This position will establish project teams made up of internal stakeholders from lines of service, departments and teams impacted by the change, establish deadlines, assign responsibilities, monitor and summarize the progress of projects on an ongoing basis and regularly update senior leadership on the status of ongoing projects and the readiness of the organization for proposed projects.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, business, or a related field from a college/university accredited by the U.S. Department of Education required, or an Associate’s degree plus three (3) years directly related experience, or a high school diploma (or equivalent) plus five (5) years of directly related experience required
- Experience completing projects in a telecommuting and virtual meeting environment required
- Fluent use of google products including, Meet, Chat, Docs, Slides, Sheets and Tables is required
- Two (2) years of directly related equivalent experience/competencies in an integrated healthcare system highly preferred
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification required
- Additional certification in a nationally recognized process improvement methodology such as Six Sigma, Lean, is highly preferred; the ability to become certified within the first 6 months of employment considered