We are seeking a Project Manager for Continuous Innovation (CI) with experience in leading and directing the implementation of structured improvement processes to ensure strategic, operational, and transactional improvements are realized throughout the organization.
Continuous innovation is focused on these goals:
- Establish company-wide productivity culture (CI Mindset)
- Free up capacity for growth & investment while holding expenses flat
The CI approach is to deploy the Rapid Results methodology across the organization to engage the people closest to the work to problem solve and implement solutions in alignment with the CI goals.
This role has two main components:
- To project manage the adoption of Rapid Results across Entegris
- To be the designer-facilitator for individual Rapid Results projects as needed
The role will require you to lead across multiple business functional areas, in partnership with functional/team leads, to enable project teams to successfully define and implement projects of various sizes across the organization. The position will utilize specific methodology / frameworks within the Continuous Innovation Program to enable the organization to improve its efficiency, control costs, and expand margins as well as continuing to develop the culture of the organization.
This global position is part of a fast-paced, customer driven organization and is a unique opportunity to join a winning team in an exciting industry in a role with a high level of accountability and influence. The successful candidate will have strong project management skills. They will have a process orientation, capable of understanding/improving a variety of functional processes and skilled in leveraging information technology. They will be comfortable leading change while working with diverse individuals and organizations. They will be culturally sensitive and capable of implementing efficient global processes that take into consideration local business needs. The project manager will be accountable to the Continuous Innovation steering committee and report to the Global Continuous Innovation leader (Sr. Finance Director).
In this role you will:
- Champion innovation across the global organization to actively standardize and optimize processes, create an atmosphere that embraces continuous innovation, collaborate with other functional teams, and reduce costs.
- Build and maintain trusted, collaborative working relationships with project team members (including global & remote employees), leadership, stakeholders, and sponsors.
- Mentor, motivate and energize the team to deliver results and build their skills. Be both a teacher and a leader.
- Create business improvement processes that align to business strategy and business planning at corporate and operational levels.
- Use the Rapid Results methodology to design and facilitate projects. Rapid Results is fast paced – results driven, lighter on traditional project management tools and methods, and much more focused on engaging the people closest to the work to design the work.
- Successfully deliver desired outcomes of assigned project(s)/product teams.
- Manage team progress, timelines, and ensure highest-value deliverables are being appropriately prioritized.
- Manage multiple projects or workstreams, own schedules and deliverables, outline key milestones, identify risks and solutions, and deliver specific project artifacts.
- Effectively communicate project status, risks and issues, and escalate for resolution when appropriate.
- Champion communication and employee engagement / change management across the organization
Traits we believe make a strong candidate:
- Bachelor's degree in business or related field
- Minimum 7-10 years of experience in project management (Six Sigma/Lean/CI expertise preferred)
- Demonstrated experience in a project executive leadership role
- Practical knowledge of project management methodologies, processes, workflows, and terminology
- Experience and effectiveness facilitating cross functional and globally diverse project teams
- Effective relationship builder and comfortable challenging and coaching to shape results focused CI projects
- Experience in change management
- Demonstrated drive to successfully deliver project/product outcomes within project constraints and guidelines
- Proven ability and experience in successfully managing multiple projects and responsibilities simultaneously
- Experience with early risk identification, problem solving and mitigation planning
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to communicate clearly and effectively with all levels of the organization and partners
- Proven ability and experience in working effectively with and influencing teams to achieve results
- Ability to self-manage priorities and deliverables; history of teamwork and willingness to roll up one’s sleeves to get the job done
- Meticulous attention to detail, organizational skills, and project management skills
- Knowledge and proficiency with MS Office and Project Management tools
Your success will be measured by:
- Continuous Innovation mindset is fully embedded into the global organization and becomes the way that we work
- Continuous innovation enables business/functional leaders to control their costs and expand margins