The Project Manager provides analytical, planning, coordination, and implementation support for quality improvement and Value-Based Payment projects. He/she will maintain status reports and project documentation, facilitate team planning meetings, and ensure team members share appropriate information and tools. In addition, the Project Manager will track key project milestones and assist supervisor/department leadership with key work stream items.
- Develops a strong understanding of VNSNY CHOICE strategic business objectives and operations.
- Provides project management oversight, monitoring, data collection, and analytical support as needed for projects within department.
- Works with Quality leadership ensure that objectives of project are met. Confirms with project sponsor that all project stakeholders understand the scope and deliverables of each project.
- Develops process maps for current initiatives and assists with improvement design. Provides facilitation support at meetings as needed. Develops trusting relationships with leadership team across departments.
- Coordinates activities in defining the scope of projects, developing project plans, and ensuring forward momentum of projects toward stated goals. Tracks and monitors project work plans, including objectives, tasks and time frames to ensure deliverables are completed on time. Identifies and responds to changing project circumstances and communicate issues to project leadership.
- Works with Education and Training to coordinate staff training for new processes.
- Prepares reports defining project progress.
- Implements and manages project changes and interventions. Provides solutions and handles issues as they may arise during implementation or after.
- Participates in the design and delivery of presentations to senior leadership.
- Escalates operational issues to management and assists with developing solutions and coordinating implementation.
- Participates in special projects and performs other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Healthcare Administration or related field of study required.
- Minimum of three years of progressive experience in consulting, managed care, quality, or a related disciple required.
- Advanced project management and facilitation skills required.
- Strong knowledge of logical business process, i.e., developing and implementing operational processes required.
- Effective oral and written communication and interpersonal skills required. Ability to understand managed care content and requirements required.
- Demonstrated ability to lead both small and large teams effectively and be comfortable presenting and communicating to people across the organizational structure required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Windows Word, PowerPoint, Visio, Excel and Access required.
- Master’s Degree in Public Health, Business Administration, Public Administration, or Healthcare Administration preferred.
- Six Sigma or Project Management Professional Certification preferred.