Pasha Automotive Services
The Quality and Continuous Improvement Manager is responsible for ensuring customer quality objectives are achieved and the culture of continuous improvement is guided and developed within the business unit.
- Directly manage the quality management system and ensure compliance with ISO through the facility's document control, training, corrective actions / preventative actions and equipment calibrations.
- Conduct internal audits and provide training at all levels to ensure compliance with each Original Equipment Manager's (OEM) specific quality requirements and achieve satisfactory results on quarterly and annual audits.
- Collaborate with management and labor leadership teams on Kaizen activities that enable the identification of pain points, development of new ideas, and partnership in the continuous improvement process in an inclusive and orderly manner.
- In conjunction with the senior leadership team and department managers, provide accurate costing for new and existing business or terminal projects by providing accurate time study data and labor modeling.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop a thorough understanding of customer and internal quality procedures. Maintain ISO compliance as representative for the ISO program and Participate in ISO and Customer audits.
- Prepare and audit customer driven quality policies and procedures including Standard Operating Procedures, Corrective Action Plans, training and documentation, tooling requirements, and work instructions.
- Develop effective, productive relationships with labor and management teams.
- Monitor, update, and report out weekly on Quality Management System performance.
- Schedule and attend weekly quality review meeting with on-site customer personnel.
- Provide one-on-one and group training on customer policies and procedures for all department personnel. Encourage technicians to keep their skills up-to-date through periodic technical training on new systems and components offered by the automotive manufacturers.
- Facilitate multiple Kaizens throughout the organization adhering to established business processes and enabling management to hold participating teams accountable for results.
- Recommend and drive the development and maintenance of facility process flows that maximizes throughput, efficiency, and continuous improvement using Lean Six Sigma techniques and tools.
- Perform time studies to ensure task times are able to meet customer and team standards.
- Establish and utilize metrics to determine production rates, billable hours, etc., and use results to identify areas for quality and process improvements.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's degree in Logistics, Business, Engineering or related field or equivalent combination of coursework and experience in directly-related field required
Required Licenses and Certifications
- Valid state-issued driver license and acceptable driving record
- Transportation Worker Identity Credential (TWIC)
Preferred Licenses and Certifications
- Lean, Six Sigma, TQM or similar certifications preferred
Required Work Experience
- 5+ years' progressive experience in an operational or manufacturing environment with a strong focus on quality
Preferred Work Experience
- 3+ years' experience in a quality manager or engineer role preferred
- Direct experience leading an audit preparation team for ISO or customer audits preferred
- Experience facilitating or participating in multiple continuous improvement projects preferred
- Transportation or port processing industry experience preferred
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Practical knowledge of the principals and practices of quality systems including ISO, Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma.
- Ability to actively engage, listen, and promote an open exchange of ideas and opinions.
- Ability to identify problems, evaluate alternatives, and recommend solutions.
- Strong leadership skills with demonstrated ability to motivate others, influence behavior, and lead by example.
- Strong quantitative and analytical thinking skills.
- Excellent organization and ability to prioritize multiple objectives.
- Self-motivated and able to work under pressure with minimal supervision.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office products at the following levels:
- Excel, Word: Intermediate to advanced level of skill
- Outlook: business level proficiency
PHYSICAL DEMANDS, WORK ENVIRONMENT, AND TRAVEL
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Hear and speak with sufficient clarity to understand and engage in telephonic information exchange; hear and understand verbal instructions; give and receive information verbally in person or via communication device
Walk/travel within office environment, crouch/bend to access floor-level storage
Use hands/fingers to operate office equipment, type/complete data input, write
Reach with hands, arms; lift, move and manipulate objects weighing up to 50 pounds
Sight sufficient to read instructions, documents, and screen-based information
Use hands/fingers to manipulate and file documents, folders, small objects
This role requires work that may involve the following environmental conditions:
- Corporate office environment
- Fast paced production environment including shop floor and outdoors in the vehicle staging yard, where inclement weather conditions may occur.
- Outdoor/open environments which may involve high/low temperatures, humidity and inclement weather conditions.
Must be able to travel independently to U.S. locations including Hawaii.