Toyo Tire North America Manufacturing, Inc. (TNA), located in White, Georgia, offers a compelling value proposition for anyone who is interested in a fast-paced work environment where you will be challenged and have the opportunity to grow professionally. TNA is the only tire manufacturing plant in North America for Toyo Tires Corporation and is its flagship production facility. Competitive compensation and benefits along with shift schedules that offer a favorable work/life balance are just a few of our attractive features. At TNA, you also have the opportunity to work in a world-class, state-of-the-art, technologically advanced, environmentally conscious production facility located within an easy commute of metropolitan Atlanta and Chattanooga.
TNA offers a very competitive benefits package that includes medical and prescription drug plans as well as dental and vision coverage. Other benefits include employee and dependent life insurance, a short and long term disability plan, 401(k), paid vacation, and a tire purchase plan.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Capable of using hand measurement tools such as calipers, micro-meters, etc.
- Understands SPC analysis.
- Ability to perform root cause analysis and to apply statistics to problem solving.
- Working knowledge of specific manufacturing processes i.e. Mixing, Curing is desired.
- Strong problem solving skills required using established methodologies including 8-D, 5-WHY, Ishikawa, etc.
- Experience with leading Internal Audits and sound knowledge of various standards IATF 16949, ISO 9001, and ISO 14001.
- Addresses customer concerns by writing corrective actions, interacting with customers, working within a core team to resolve issues promptly.
- Inputs any customer concern into the corrective action (CA) tracking database, which is reviewed regularly for closure.
- Addresses internal production concerns by reviewing rejects and working within a core team to resolve the issues promptly.
- Report, track and lead cured and/or green waste efforts in designated department.
- Addresses supplier concerns by notifying the supplier about issues, reviewing supplier corrective actions for closure, and visiting supplier facilities for re-occurring issues.
- Prepares and or revise control plans, FMEA, flow charts, work instructions etc. to ensure customer, product, process, and specification conformance.
- Participates actively in assigning critical dimensions [significant characteristics (SC), critical characteristics (CC)] and addressing all customer, supplier, and internal issues with the core team.
- May serve as management Representative for the Quality Management System.
- Excellent verbal and writing skills (speaking, typing, presenting)
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers or associates.
- Ability to effectively present information to top management, Customers, Suppliers and/or manufacturing Staff.
- Advanced computer skills (Microsoft Office; Word & Excel, Minitab)
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
A Bachelor's degree (preferably in Engineering) from a four-year accredited college or university as well as two to five years related experience and/or training are required. Certified Quality Engineer and Certified Six Sigma Black Belt are desirable.