As a Quality Engineer for Intelligent Solutions Group (ISG) Electronic Systems in Fargo, North Dakota, you are an integral part of the factory engineering team. You will monitor product lines for quality issues and be a part of the team driving solutions and improvements. In addition you will;
- Monitors the factory for product and production process related quality issues, analyzes trends, and leads cross-functional teams for root cause determination and corrective action activities.
- Learns and uses quality tools consistent with quality processes to enable the focus on prevention by identifying and performing activities to minimize risk.
- Investigates product and process quality related issues and recommends changes to control plans and/or prints.
- Learns and uses quality planning tools and analysis to formulate and facilitate quality plans for products.
Visa sponsorship is NOT available for this position.
What Skills You Need
- Ability to think critically and solve problems analytically.
- Ability to solve problems by determining root cause and driving corrective action.
- Working knowledge of drawing and schematic interpretation, product models, and geometric dimensioning and tolerancing.
- Strong computer skills, including Excel, with the ability to analyze large amounts of data.
- Ability to interact with multiple engineering areas to resolve problems.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize and execute a large number of tasks.
What Makes You Stand Out
- Work experience involving hands on use of quality tools such as SPC, Statistics, FMEA, Control Plans, DPAR, PPAP, DMAIC, Six Sigma, and 8D Problem Solving.
- Knowledge of basic data analysis techniques including pareto charts, histograms, pie and bar charts, and control plans.
- Design, troubleshooting, and/or manufacturing experience for electronic devices.
Ideally you will have a degree or equivalent related work experience in the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical, mechanical, or industrial engineering.