The Queen's Medical Center
- I. JOB SUMMARY/RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Works with all levels of leadership and front-line staff to facilitate and support the development and integration of evidence-based best practices across multiple programs/departments.
- Plans, coordinates, implements and evaluates key performance improvement efforts in accordance with the organization’s goals and objectives that support the quality and patient safety initiatives of The Queen’s Medical Center (QMC) and The Queen’s Health Systems (QHS.)
- Works collaboratively with assigned teams to improve quality outcomes, patient safety, and satisfaction, and decrease costs through reduction of unnecessary process variability.
- II. TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Essential: finger dexterity, seeing, hearing, speaking.
- Continuous: sitting.
- Frequent: walking, standing, gripping of an object for prolonged periods.
- Occasional: stooping/bending, climbing stairs, walking on uneven group, lifting and carrying usual weight of 1 pound up to 5 pounds, reaching above, at and below shoulder level.
- Operates computer, telephone, fax and printer.
- III. TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Not substantially subjected to adverse environmental conditions.
- IV. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- A. EDUCATION/CERTIFICATION AND LICENSURE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Industrial Management, Business Administration, Hospital Administration, Science, or related field.
- Master’s degree in Engineering, Industrial Management, Business Administration, Hospital Administration, Science, or related field preferred.
- Six Sigma Black Belt Certification preferred.
- Current and active Project Management Professional (PMP) certification issued by the Project Management Institute preferred.
- B. EXPERIENCE:
- Five (5) years of work experience in continuous process improvement using Lean Six Sigma methodologies (i.e. DMAIC, DFSS, Kaizen); or three (3) years of relevant experience with a Master’s degree in a relevant field or Six Sigma Black Belt certification from an accredited agency.
- Experience to demonstrate the following:
o Ability to create technical reports and impactful presentations.
- o Ability to lead and manage project teams.
- o Strong written, verbal, and instructional skills.
- o Proficiency with word-processing, spreadsheet, presentation applications and statistical software programs.
- Experience in change management, systems analysis, consulting, facilitation, data analysis, data visualizations, and/or team building preferred.
- Prior healthcare and/or population health management experience preferred.