The Quality Manager is responsible for developing, coordinating administering and supervising the company’s Quality Assurance program, ensuring that quality control procedures and policies are coordinated throughout the organization. This position assures that all of the Company’s products are manufactured in accordance with customer specifications, company and industrial standard (ISO 9001, IATF 16949).
- Establish and maintain the quality management system per ISO, IATF 16949 & AS9100
- Ensure that processes needed for the Quality Management System (QMS) are established, implemented, and maintained.
- Responsible for conducting management review meetings.
- Ensure the promotion and awareness of our QMS throughout the organization.
- Plan and direct activities associated with the development, implementation, and maintenance of quality standards, processes, and work instructions.
- Ensure customer’s needs (corrective actions, 8D’s, etc.) are met and addressed in a timely manner.
- Maintain a document control system to approve, review and update all changes to critical documents within the scope of the QMS.
- Work with management to establish Quality Objectives for the QMS. Establish metrics which provide objective evidence on the organizations performance. Compile data and report results.
- Review the results of internal and external audits.
- Must be able to recognize and perform FMEA, SPC, and root cause problem solving.
- Work with manufacturing and other functional groups for investigations to troubleshoot customer problems/complaints, plant issues, and rejected lots/parts. Determine root cause and corrective actions and develop project plans to drive change.
The Quality Manager supervises our Quality Supervisor and the Quality team.
- Previous experience working with ISO 9001 standards
- Previous experience working with ISO/TS/IATF 16949 standards
- Ability to multi-task
- Communication/listening skills
- Critical thinking
- Analytical skills
- Minimum of Bachelor Degree in Engineering OR in lieu of a Bachelor’s degree 10 years of quality assurance experience within a manufacturing environment
- Minimum of 3 years of Quality Management experience within ISO manufacturing environment
- Six Sigma Black Belt preferred, willingness to obtain the certification during employment
- Experience and knowledge of APQP, 8D, Six Sigma and Corrective Action tools
- Must be willing to submit to a background investigation, including verification of your past employment, criminal history, and educational background.