1. Under the direction of the Global Quality Assurance Manager, designs and implements policies, procedures, and systems to establish a Quality Management System based on lean manufacturing and six-sigma methodologies.
2. Manages and supervises teams responsible for all aspects of product quality: in-process inspection, receiving inspection, quality engineering, and quality assurance functions. Leads efforts to implement world-class manufacturing practices to ensure our products are manufactured to the highest quality standards.
3. Develops and implements employee career path and training program to develop team and increase product knowledge and technical aptitude. Ensures teams members have the resources to achieve objectives. Defines SMART goals and creates individual action plans to improve product quality and reduce operational costs.
4. Leads efforts to ensure quality and reliability are integrated into all product development efforts, including: design verification testing, competitive benchmarking, in-process inspection, finished goods quality audits, and international compliance standards.
5. Applies data-driven approach to implement quality control measures to increase operating efficiencies, reduce scrap and warranty-returns, and increase customer satisfaction.
6. Documents customer feedback and leads efforts to ensure products are manufactured to the highest standards throughout the entire product life cycle.
7. Researches, justifies, and implements new technologies and inspection techniques.
8. Tracks expenses against budget and recommends measures for cost reduction as well as any need for additional resources. Provides capital and expense requirements for budgeting process.
9. Prepares and submits department reports focused on team performance, Cost of Quality, and Key Performance Indicators. Monitors performance metrics in real-time and initiates corrective action or continuous improvement efforts.