The Stress Engineering and Operations (SEO) organization is looking for a dynamic, hands-on individual to join their environmental stress tool engineering team. The engineering team develops and maintains a fleet of equipment used to evaluate Intel's silicon and package technology under simulated field use, including heat, humidity, temperature change, and dynamic stresses such as shock and vibration. As data from these stresses are crucial to preserving Intel's quality and brand reputation, this role requires sound decision making, attention to detail, and a strong sense of personal ownership. This is an entry-level position that offers growth opportunities into tool definition and stress roadmap ownership. This position will be compensated accordingly.
- Characterization of equipment performance & response to excursions/issues
- Continuous improvement of methods, specifications, and training
- Development, analysis, and implementation of statistical process control
- Translation of reliability stress analysis requirements into fixturing & development of new recipes
- Interaction with tool vendors and field service engineers
- Collaboration with internal operations, planning, and facilities teams
The ideal candidate should exhibit the following behavioral traits:
- Influence and work across multiple teams and stakeholders to develop solutions
- Critical performance skills include intolerance of stagnant productivity, a desire to relentlessly pursue root cause and problem elimination, and pride in crisp, flawless execution grounded in clear and direct communication.
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates. Experience would be obtained through a combination of prior education level classes, and current level school classes, projects, research, and relevant previous job and/or internship experience.
- Candidate must have a BS or MS Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Material Science, or related field.
The candidate must have a minimum of 1 year of experience with:
- Technical and analytical problem solving, especially using a structured methodology (Lean, Six Sigma, Kaizen, etc).
- Data collection and statistical data analysis, especially statistical process control.
- Design of experiments, measurement capability analysis, and screening experiments.
- Code in LabView and/or SQL languages.
- Electromigration or corrosion testing