POSITION SUMMARY & KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
The R&D Lab Engineering Analyst manages lab facilities in two separate locations and is responsible for assuring the appropriate technical skills and supporting tools are present in the labs to support testing requirements. In this role, you will provide coordination of new product testing efforts, aligning lab technicians to assist engineers to validate product performance characteristics.
- Day to day supervision of the laboratory, resources, and prioritization.
- Maintain tracking tools and databases to ensure timely reporting of New Product Trials, Materials Analysis, Printer Certifications and Materials qualifications.
- Promote best laboratory practice and maintaining high standards of health, safety, environment and quality.
- Support product quality issues escalated from the field or manufacturing
- Maintain laboratory procedures and methods according to industry standard Ensure laboratory equipment maintenance and calibration.
- Maintains, reports, and takes action on Lab performance metrics and throughput.
- Creates and maintains an environment that promotes teamwork.
- May lead or assist Development Engineers on projects to develop new products
- Ensures all materials for trials are tracked and prepared in advance of trials.
- Provides input to management for justifying purchase of new capital equipment, hardware or software and for assuring that proper lab repairs and maintenance are performed.
- Provide support to Engineering using various analysis instruments.
- Aid in the identification and selection of print laboratory software and hardware.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical Engineering, Business, or related disciplines
- 3-8 years of experience in lab management, product development
- Ability to work quickly and meet defined product testing schedules
- Ability to work effective in a team structure
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and to provide guidance, prioritization, and execution
- Demonstrated oral and written communications skills
- Demonstrated computer and office software skills with MS Office, Access, Excel and Sharepoint
- Working knowledge of computer hardware and software, thermal printers, label printers, and physical device interfaces
- 8+ years of related experience
- Master’s Degree
- Prior supervisory experience
- Six Sigma and/or Lean certification, Quality Management Certification
Integrated into our shared values is Iconex’s commitment to diversity. Iconex is committed to being a globally inclusive company where all people are treated fairly, recognized for their individuality, promoted based on performance and encouraged to strive to reach their full potential. We believe in understanding and respecting differences among all people. This concept encompasses but is not limited to human differences with regard to race, ethnicity, religion, gender, culture and physical ability. Every individual at Iconex has an ongoing responsibility to respect and support a globally diverse environment.