This position will be responsible for guiding the region’s project teams with continuous improvement initiatives that are designed to eliminate waste and non-value-added activities and improve performance in the five focus areas of Operational Excellence (Safety, Service, Quality, Cost, People). This will be accomplished through the following activities:
- Providing guidance and acting as a resource to site Continuous Improvement teams on the selection and project management of Six Sigma, Focused Factory/Lean and General Improvement projects.
- Be a resource for and support Division and Corporate continuous improvement initiatives
- Provide site level training in the CI tools of Six Sigma and Lean, specifically in Yellow Belt, Transactional Lean, Value Stream Mapping, and Kaizen (including General Kaizen, SMED, Visual Factory, FMEA, 5S, etc).
- Ensuring continuous improvement training, tools, best practices and resources are available to employees at all levels and are being utilized appropriately and effectively.
- Personally, completing and leading projects for improvement results that can be leveraged across facilities, functions, and Divisions.
- Facilitate the validation of performance/financial results and long-term sustainability of the region’s continuous improvement projects.
- Provide monthly reporting on all continuous improvement initiatives and metrics for the region and the division.
- Facilitate the development of annual continuous improvement budgets with all the sites and provide division with budgeting reports as needed.
- Guide and direct Black Belts, Green Belts and Champions in effective team leadership as well as maintaining 100% belt utilization while reducing project lifecycle.
- Facilitate monthly calls to ensure all Regional belts are providing regular status updates and progressing towards project completion.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must be legally authorized to work in the country for which you are applying for employment without now or in the future needing sponsorship for employment visa status
- Must have a bachelor’s degree or 8 years of experience.
- Must have Six Sigma Green Belt Certification
- Must have at least three (3) years of experience in a manufacturing or distribution professional role, or a role that supports manufacturing or distribution operations by solving operational/technical issues
- Project Management skills
- Experience understanding and implementing continuous improvement tools
- Decision-making skills
- Interpersonal and leadership skills
- Planning & Organizing skills
- Communication skills
- Proactive approach
- Proficient experience with software such as Oracle, Business Objects and Microsoft Office, including Excel and Access is preferred
- Previous experience in more than one functional area (Supply Chain, Accounting, Engineering, Quality, Safety, Operations, Purchasing, etc.) is preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Engineering, Operations Management or related field is preferred
- Willingness to relocated, if considered for promotional opportunities is preferred
- Six Sigma Black Belt Certification is preferred