The Regional OPEX leader will be an Ambassador of the various initiatives around lean and six sigma and will ensure rigorous adherence to the stepped Activities and to the results expectations. The Regional OPEX leader APAC reports to the Global OPEX leader ASUX and is 100% dedicated to the deployment of the Lean expert/baseline model, the workload driver model and associated kaizen pipeline and takes a global responsibility for six sigma.
He/she will deliver training of the various initiatives and also elements of the wider Operational Excellence curriculum, with Continuous Improvement, Change Management, Process Management and Performance Management being key areas of involvement. He/She will coach the site LT and supervisory organizations through implementing the various steps of the initiatives. The Regional OPEX leader APAC will constantly challenge the status quo and be the role model for End2End Lean Thinking.
- Have an Intimate knowledge of the Workload Driver Model (factories and office)
- Engage with and represent the Deployment Sites in their Cont. Improvement via the Lean Expert/Baseline approach
- Support the sites in their competence development of the WLD model, Six Sigma and Lean initiatives.
- Enable the development of a 3 year Productivity Roadmap
- Initial introduction of the program and development of the ‘Burning Platform’
- Linkage to the BG / CO / BPO/ Function Management Agenda (Hoshin Planning)
- Identification of the Current State by BG, Site and Department, utilizing the BMCs for support of the prioritization
- Support the execution of the Productivity Roadmap
- Determine knowledge and competence gaps and enable training and resource as necessary
- Make all Stakeholders aware of ‘potential savings’ (e.g. Head of Ops, Ops directors, Central HR & Finance representatives, Lean Masters, site OPEX leads, Site Leader, LT, etc.)
- Coach the LT at sites
- Train and coach OPEX leaders at sites
- Capture, document and share best practice, transferring knowledge across deployment sites and cross sector
- 50% travel, mainly within the assigned region, but also globally
- Builds and maintains project organization, developing and coaching the BG employees supporting this program
- Chooses the ways of working and adequate tools to deploy whilst defining the appropriate interfaces with cross functional teams. Is responsible for the implementation & realization of the defined program
- Individual elements will focus on site productivity planning & execution, focus on fixed/overhead productivity to address indirect structures, and E2E view of value chain efficiency & effectiveness
Must Haves (Basic Qualifications):
- A minimum of 10 years’ working experience in Operations is required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering Field
- Experience in Lean deployment is required
- Expert/Master lean certification is a preference
- Expert/Master Six sigma is a preference
- A passion for Continuous Improvement
- Excellent change management and networking skills
- The ability to enthuse colleagues in Long Term Thinking as a business necessity
- Able to work at every level of the organization, from Team Members on the Shop-floor to Executives in the ExCo.
Nice to Haves (Preferred Qualifications):
- 15+ years of working experience in Operations
- Master’s Degree in Engineering Field