As a Regional Supply Chain Manager, you will contribute to the profitability of an SBU Region by managing NA S&OP processes, demand forecast finished goods both purchased and produced by PPG, effective inventory management, and master production scheduling for products; warehouse facilities lease management, directing the distribution services, inventory control, transportation of product lines and sundries distribution that ensures timely delivery of products.
- The supply chain director (SCD) will be responsible to manage the supply chain for the seven PPG aerospace application support centers (ASCs) supporting North, Central and South America. The SCD will work closely with the PPG Mojave manufacturing plant supply chain and operations as well as the individual seven ASC’s optimizing the supply chain activities for the America’s region.
- The SCD will develop and execute the supply chain strategy that will improve operating and working capital costs while exceeding customer expectations.
- Manage the freight from Mojave to the ASC Network and subsequently the customers
- The SCD will own the ASC’s S&OP process providing planning insights and direction at the item level.
- Govern the master schedule for the ASCs and determine the locations to package/manufacture the items.
- The SCD will also be responsible to optimize the inventory levels across the ASC network.
- The leader will employ six sigma strategies to drive continuous sustainable improvements across the ASC network.
- The SCD will directly manage the planners and supply chain specialists located at each ASC supporting the region.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in supply chain management or relevant experience
- Experience in a highly regulated processing industry (i.e. chemical, biotechnology, etc.)
- Lean six sigma professional training and demonstrated applicable experience
- Strong problem solving skills
- Proven project management and continuous improvement skills
- Ability to manage complexity
- Effective communication skills (written, verbal, listening)
- Experience in managing others and developing effective teams
- In depth understanding of ERP systems
- Demonstrated knowledge on manufacturing material planning processes
- Demonstrated experience in managing logistics and warehousing
- Preferably APICS certification & multi-site supply chain responsibility